• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone had laser eye surgery?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incidentally, no one has ever been blinded by laser eye surgery. Although there a few recorded (and rare) cases of flaps being dislodged and of retinal detachments.

Comment

Just kidding. They did have it done and have perfect vision.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
        Just kidding. They did have it done and have perfect vision.
        git
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          git
          I still wouldn’t do it. It’s quite soothing to take off my specs at the end of the day and see the world in soft focus. I still haven't noticed any wrinkles on my girlfriend's face and she's 38. I'll keep it that way. Leave me alone in my soft focus slightly colour blind world; I like it here.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            git

Comment

I had it done about 6 years ago - Great waking up and actually being able to see the time on the alarm clock.

Does not cover the fact most of us will require reading glasses as we get older and I have noticed I could poss. need glasses again in the not to near future - but it has been fantastic.
              Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I still wouldn’t do it. It’s quite soothing to take off my specs at the end of the day and see the world in soft focus. I still haven't noticed any wrinkles on my girlfriend's face and she's 38. I'll keep it that way. Leave me alone in my soft focus slightly colour blind world; I like it here.
                Yes, short-sightnesses has that payback later in life. For those that don't know, presbyopia affects everyone after the age of forty or so. The eyes lose their ability to accomodate (only 0.5 diopter or less left eventually). Or in other words they act like a fixed focus camera. With previosuly normal vision your fixed focus becomes set at infinity, so far away objects stay in focus and near is blurred. If you were short-sighted, near stays clearer.

Comment

I would like to get it done, I wear contacts or glasses and I could do without the hassle/expense. I have astagimatism in one eye though, not sure that can fix that with a light sabre.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
                    I would like to get it done, I wear contacts or glasses and I could do without the hassle/expense. I have atsagimatism in one eye though, not sure that can fix that with a light sabre.
                    Yes, they can fix astigmatism. As long as it's been fairly static over recent years.

Comment

A friend had the flap type surgery done last summer and apart from using eye drops for quite a while he's had near perfect vision since.

He's done away with his need for contacts and considers the cash very well spent.

Comment

Working...
                      X