• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compost heaps have to be registered every 3 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

incredible. we need names! who thought this toilet tax up?

Comment

bob, that was spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        How long before we have to register each turd we produce?
        The one I produced this morning would certainly attract the top rate of tax.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I love the EU! Mainly as I am leaving it.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            I love the EU! Mainly as I am leaving it.
            The problem is more with the jobsworth idiots (at defra in this case) who interpret these directives as law. Do you think the French and Italians will be registering their rubbish? Look at the Italian response to human rights directives
            Bored.

Comment

It's high time we had a department of compost heaps to look into the growing menace of unregistered composts. Composts might for example be being used as dumps for discarded forms, or even contain unlicensed mixtures of different types of rotten vegetation, which could be a breeding places for bacteria. How would we ever know?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                It's high time we had a department of compost heaps to look into the growing menace of unregistered composts. Composts might for example be being used as dumps for discarded forms, or even contain unlicensed mixtures of different types of rotten vegetation, which could be a breeding places for bacteria. How would we ever know?
                Of course, this isn’t all bad news; they’ll want an umpty gazillion pound database system to store the details of every compost heap in the country, which might help the contracting market.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  If you dig a hole in the ground for your compost then surely it isn’t a compost heap any more; it’s a flat piece of ground. The soil you’ve removed is a soil heap, which doesn’t have to be registered.This is, by the way, probably the very best way to produce top quality garden compost.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                    The problem is more with the jobsworth idiots (at defra in this case) who interpret these directives as law. Do you think the French and Italians will be registering their rubbish? Look at the Italian response to human rights directives

... but this creates more jobs earning 30K per annum, and these people pay tax. Oh, I forgot the cost of the non-contributory, index-linked pensions....

Comment

Working...
                    X