• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crikey... £1 approaching $1.60

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If interest rates drop it again it's only going to get worse
    DOOM PREDICTION - Interest rates will be going up in the next 12 months to defend a run on sterling

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      DOOM PREDICTION - Interest rates will be going up in the next 12 months to defend a run on sterling
      What would be the point? If there's going to be a run on sterling, then just let it devalue and sell stuff to the rest of the world at knock down prices.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Like the Hungarians?

Linky: Bloomberg
        Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 22 October 2008, 14:26. Reason: Added link to Bloomberg
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Like the Hungarians?
          are you allowed to sell hungarians?
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Britain could become an outsourcing sweatshop, selling cheap 1st line support to Indian software customers.

Comment

So is it safe to say that our economy is just a little bit fooked afer Brown put an end to boom and bust?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                So is it safe to say that our economy is just a little bit fooked afer Brown put an end to boom and bust?
                I think everyone's economy is a little bit fooked.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  It is most certainly NOT safe to say that. You can expect a visit from the counter terrorism squad any moment now.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    $1.64 as I type this.
                    Best news ever! Thanks you made my day

EDIT: $1.61 as I type this yay !!

Comment

It's not all bad news - if you earn in USD it's....

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X