• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Osbourne scandal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    No mention on CUK?

Lets pretend it's new Labour and have a go....
    Can't help but feel this would have been the top thread if it had been a Labour minister.

Was funny watching Osbourne sqirm in front of the cameras though. Just looking at him made you think, "Lieing b'stard"

Comment

Originally posted by crimdon View Post
      Can't help but feel this would have been the top thread if it had been a Labour minister.

Was funny watching Osbourne sqirm in front of the cameras though. Just looking at him made you think, "Lieing b'stard"
      What like we have been having a go at Mandy for the same trip?
      Considering mandy was EU trade minister at the time and was responsible for regulating alli imports, a product that said Russian host manufactures.
      Yes we are all over NL corruption.

This story seems to be a non story. Even if they did discuss it, and why shouldn't they, there could not have been a discussion. The biggest question is "is Ozzy telling the truth?" If not then get rid of him, though NL lcheats and liars seem to get promoted or knighted.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Anyone have a clue what qualifies this Osborne chap to be the next chancellor, other than being one of our "sons of aristocratic families and the super-rich".

His cv is worse than mine!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Osborne

"Osborne's first job was as a data enterer for the National Health Service, inputting the names of people who had died in London onto a computer.[1] He also briefly worked for Selfridges. He originally intended to pursue a career as a journalist, but, after missing out on a position at a national newspaper, was informed of a vacant job at the Conservative Central Office.[1]"
        The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          AS sasguru says - if the tories get in next time it will just be a different set of pigs at the trough.

Personally I see little difference between Tory/Labour - any vote at next election is wasted.

All Ballot papers need an andyw option.
          Please spoil your ballot paper it is better than not voting. I have a good idea what I am going to write on mine.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Please spoil your ballot paper it is better than not voting. I have a good idea what I am going to write on mine.
            That reminds me: ballot papers are traceable, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
              That reminds me: ballot papers are traceable, aren't they?
              No.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think its all a clever NL plot and Lord Mandy of The Darkness knew exactly what he was doing spinning Osborne those lines about Brown. And 2 months later, hey presto, it's all backfired in the Tories faces. A sort of welcoming back present from Lord Mandy if you like.

Comment

Wasnt it at the very same meeting that Mandleson revealed to Osbourne that he thought Brown was ****?.

The fact remains that whether any harm has been done or not Osbourne is a vainglorious idiot for spending time with these people.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Oh Mandy, you thought George Osbourne a Dandy,
                    when you bought him a shandy,
                    Oh Mandy, now Rothchild has given Labour a Handy,
                    it was like robbing a babies Candy,
                    but he shouldn't have gone cap in Handy,
                    Oh Mandy!
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                      I think its all a clever NL plot and Lord Mandy of The Darkness knew exactly what he was doing spinning Osborne those lines about Brown. And 2 months later, hey presto, it's all backfired in the Tories faces. A sort of welcoming back present from Lord Mandy if you like.
                      That what I was thinking, a sinister trap dreamt up by dark forces to lure the Tories into doing something they shouldn't.

Hook line and sinker dear boy.

The fact that these sort of meetings go on at all disgusts me.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X