• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1984 - The Labour handbook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I had to show a passport when I bought a 'pay as you go' phone in Frankfurt in 2003. I saw no problem with this personally, as it was designed to stop criminality.
    Cyberman, much as it hurts me to say so, you said exactly what I was going to say.

You don't suppose there are people on here who just pounce on everything the government does, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      The ignorance and arrogance of New Labour is stunning.

Lets monitor every piece of every person life and put red tape into every aspect of every persons life (in the name of terrorism).

Now Mr Terrorist and co need some mobile phones. They'll use overseas registered mobiles or steal them or buy them on ebay or use forged papers to get them. No obstacle to them whatsoever, but huge expense and hassle for the tax-payer.

I don't see that the tories would be any different.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Cyberman, much as it hurts me to say so, you said exactly what I was going to say.

You don't suppose there are people on here who just pounce on everything the government does, do you?

Showing a passport should not be a problem, but I do totally disagree with holding all kinds of intrusive personal details on a national ID database.

Comment

Foreign students will sell on their old SIM cards to those dodgy little shops that unlock phones.

Six months later Mullar Omah will be chatting happily away to Ossama B-L, and GCHQ will think it's Helga from Stuttgart.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Foreign students will sell on their old SIM cards to those dodgy little shops that unlock phones.

Six months later Mullar Omah will be chatting happily away to Ossama B-L, and GCHQ will think it's Helga from Stuttgart.
            That's why they have to track EVERY call.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              Showing a passport should not be a problem, but I do totally disagree with holding all kinds of intrusive personal details on a national ID database.
              What if you don't have a pssport?
              Are you then not allowed a phone?
              Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post

If you don't have a passport then you don't deserve a phone.

Comment

Anyway who cares?

It's Going To Happen Anyway [tm]

And there will be lots of opportunities for contractors

And even when it has finally been built, after massive delays and cock-ups by <insert_favorite_consultancy_here>, it won't work.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
                    Water boarding and cattle prod up the old brown eye?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I don't see that the tories would be any different.
                      Do you know it would be any different? Are you 100% it would be no different?

What if it might be 50% different, and different can't possibly be any worse for you and your family?

Isn't worth voting Conservative even if you can hadly see it being any different as long as you can't see it being any worse?

Comment

Working...
                      X