• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats your mortgage on your main property (ie counting BTL/investements)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really DA?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
      Luckily I went for a septic tank, which I pay for by licking the streets of London clean every day for 4 pence a year.
      Luxury!!!

Yes I really am a Yorkshireman so I'm entitled to the response.

Following my divorce I bought a small terraced house as it was cheaper than renting. It does the job for me and if I ever want to sell it it will probably be reasonably easy to unload. I got it cheap so the chances of me losing money on it are tiny and the mortgage is a nice offset making my savings income tax free, according to my last statement the offset has represented over £1500 in interest savings since April, I doubt I could have beaten that rate of return in any interest paying account.
      Last edited by TykeMerc; 17 October 2008, 15:37.

Comment

All properties have been paid off
        That boy go raaaaaaa
        Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

5 times as much equity as mortgage............

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            5 times as much equity as mortgage............
            Maybe, but if you were to put your property on the market today I would be stunned if you realised a buyer at anything like the asking price.....

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Maybe, but if you were to put your property on the market today I would be stunned if you realised a buyer at anything like the asking price.....

So would I, but that's due to lack of mortgages and lack of confidence of buyers and sellers, so the answer is to wait until normality returns around 2010.

Comment

I have no idea

I'll have to ask the Landlord

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  So would I, but that's due to lack of mortgages and lack of confidence of buyers and sellers, so the answer is to wait until normality returns around 2010.
                  So your statement that your house represents an equity value of 5x your mortgage is utter carp and you admit it.

Even if the housing market recovers in a few years you have no idea if you have positive or negative equity at this point or what the value will represent in 5 years time.

There are so few houses actually selling any mythical values you can come up with at the moment are just so much hot air.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    So your statement that your house represents an equity value of 5x your mortgage is utter carp and you admit it.

Even if the housing market recovers in a few years you have no idea if you have positive or negative equity at this point or what the value will represent in 5 years time.

There are so few houses actually selling any mythical values you can come up with at the moment are just so much hot air.
                    Shhh - don't feed the troll.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      Shhh - don't feed the troll.
                      I'm enjoying a battle of wits versus an unarmed opponent here, it's Friday so I've shut down my braincell since I don't need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X