• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What things have you dreamed of owning?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My own golf course. I once saw a house for sale with it's own 9 hole.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      My own golf course. I once saw a house for sale with it's own 9 hole.
      http://www.primelocation.com/uk-prop...ls/id/HENS4083
      House for sale in Highworth, Wiltshire

£1.5M

An elegant and well presented Country house standing in approximately 73 acres and having the rare opportunity to complete a nine hole golf course either as a commercial venture or for private enjoyment. The main house is complemented by a three bay garage and wonderful landscaped gardens. There are several substantial barns one of which has a spacious office upstairs and toilets and changing facilities below which serve the full size football pitch adjacent to the driving range. The other house a workshop and a large storage area.

You could be my neighbour!

Comment

hmm - good question.

apart from a McLaren F1 I have no objects of desire.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

If money was no object I'd like one of the big houses with a beautiful view over the park. Five children with associated school fees.

Obviously I'd also need to get away from such a busy family life so penthouses in new York and London with local mistresses would b required.

...and I'd need enough money to do no real work...just spent my time dabbling in the markets and doing charity stuff...just things to keep you interested...

Hopefully one day.

Comment

I'd like to own a tropical island. Hopefully with a very high elevation to avoid drowning when global warming causes the seas to rise. And enough room to grow food for when the credit crunch turns the world in Jubilee by Derek Jarman.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              http://www.primelocation.com/uk-prop...ls/id/HENS4083
              House for sale in Highworth, Wiltshire

£1.5M

An elegant and well presented Country house standing in approximately 73 acres and having the rare opportunity to complete a nine hole golf course either as a commercial venture or for private enjoyment. The main house is complemented by a three bay garage and wonderful landscaped gardens. There are several substantial barns one of which has a spacious office upstairs and toilets and changing facilities below which serve the full size football pitch adjacent to the driving range. The other house a workshop and a large storage area.

You could be my neighbour!
              I'll wait for a year; it'll still be on the market for about £1.50
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I'll wait for a year; it'll still be on the market for about £1.50
                Next year that will be in my price range.

Comment

It's only got four bedrooms. No wonder it's so cheap.

Comment

Legs that work properly.
                    A character / period house with a fully-equipped music studio.
                    A time machine.
                    An APC to do up W40K style.
                    A Goth / Fetish Club.

That will do for a start...
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

How do you legs work then, do they bend the wrong way?
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X