• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Watching Newsnight I'm afraid ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If Scotland was independant it would have gone the same way as Iceland by now......
    But I bet Icelanders can spell.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      If you are afraid then don't watch Newsnight.
      I watch Newsnight from behind the sofa.

Well, it worked for the Daleks.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        I watch Newsnight from behind the sofa.

Well, it worked for the Daleks.
        We have evolved: now we can move sofas and then exterminate you all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          If Scotland was independant it would have gone the same way as Iceland by now......
          That's one of the silver linings in all this - Even Alex Salmond concedes that Scotland is now joined at the hip with England for the foreseeable future. It's like the Dorian [sp?] scheme all over again
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            That's one of the silver linings in all this - Even Alex Salmond concedes that Scotland is now joined at the hip with England for the foreseeable future. It's like the Dorian [sp?] scheme all over again
            I don't actually believe that Salmond concedes that. Nor do others:

Neil Blake, the director of economic analysis at the consultancy Oxford Economics, said: "If Scotland had been independent it would have been in a similar position to Ireland, which has a similar-sized economy and population. Scotland has a successful fund management and *pensions industry which will not be affected in the same way as the banks, so I think the Scots could still have got through this as an independent nation, particularly if they had joined the euro, as they could have asked for some help from the other eurozone countries."
            If Scotland had tried to do what Iceland tried to do, it would have suffered. I don't think it should: I would not like to see an independent Scotland based on phantom wealth, I'd rather see one with less wealth.

Those who want independence should want it for freedom, not for money.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
              Iceland? you mean climatally-challenged-land.

You do know that God hates stupid people because they can't speak his language, which is Maths?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Those who want independence should want it for freedom, not for money.
                Apparently William Wallace wanted Freedom. But I suspect he was after wealth when he starred in that Holliwood film. Sell out!
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                X