• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Are you going to this then Dodgy?

I'll give you £10 if you can get a recording of the reaction the editor gives when you say,

"Okey dokey DeeDee Doke."
    I prefer it here on CUK thanks
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      I'd rather have my bollox danced on with stiletto heels!

Have you got a phone number for that?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

To be fair, I think it's a brilliant idea.

10 Pissed contractors, jeering every presentation.

Classic.

When I first with my other half, her father invited me to a do with his daughter and wife. At the table was a friend of the fathers and he mentioned he had a recruitment agency.

So the guy and his wife introduced himself and said 'I understand we're in the same business' and I replied 'Sort of, I'm the hooker and you're the pimp, so yes, I suppose you could say same business'

Ten years ago and he's never acknowledged me at a do again!
        Last edited by MarillionFan; 14 October 2008, 21:32.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The very idea of all those agents in one room
          Bored.

Comment

What do we think the awards will be?

Highest mark-up to rate ratio?
            Most successful fishing technique?

Special award for inventive use of veiled threats with regard to IR35 and the opt out.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I have often wondered about these awards as to whether anyone actually gives a s**t outside of the recruitment agencies involved. The only people who I imagine will be impressed are the low level HR recruitment people desperate to "tick boxes" in order to justify their selection of agencies on their PSL.

I also know that these recruitment companies set out deliberatly to compete for these awards, that they are prepared and "spun" accordingly. These are not "snapshot" awards dished out as a result of behind the scenes, painstaking research. I know as it has been suggested to me that I should join in this masturbation fest in order to enhance the profile and value of my business.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I have often wondered about these awards as to whether anyone actually gives a s**t outside of the recruitment agencies involved. The only people who I imagine will be impressed are the low level HR recruitment people desperate to "tick boxes" in order to justify their selection of agencies on their PSL.

I also know that these recruitment companies set out deliberatly to compete for these awards, that they are prepared and "spun" accordingly. These are not "snapshot" awards dished out as a result of behind the scenes, painstaking research. I know as it has been suggested to me that I should join in this masturbation fest in order to enhance the profile and value of my business.
                Without wishing to have a pop, I would suggest that lavish award ceremonies like this are indicative that the industry as a whole is ripping somebody off.
                I know you have strong views on the value added side of things, but from my side agents are a cost to my business and rarely do they bring any value to me.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  I'd rather have my bollox danced on with stiletto heels!
                  Are you sure this is the right board?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    ..... it has been suggested to me that I should join in this masturbation fest in order to enhance the profile and value of my business.
                    by someone who would make money if you did?

Those who attempt to feed off agents must be real sharks

Comment

Somehow the words "Recruitment agent" and "excellence" don't go together
                      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Working...
                      X