• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The end of Thatcherism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I wasnt talking about the next two years, I was talking about the last 15. Germany has created few jobs and there is precious little prospect of them creating opportunities for the EU community in times of hardship. So what if they have this great manufacturing base? they may now after many years of stagnating be better than the other EU nations but who is going to buy their goods?
    Most Uk jobs were created as a direct result of financial services and the associated property and housing boom which led to all sorts of support industries. This is not job creation of any lasting value.
    And the financial landscape will be very different going forward.
    As the thread says this is the end of an era.
    You may be right that we are more flexible, but where will the jobs necessary for a large country to survive come from now?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

German contracts have been few and far between for the last 15 years and they certainly have not been better paid than in the UK. You will also find that in the UK high standards are expected of contractors because the market is so active. In the EU bad contractors can get away with being ordinary because they are a novelty.
      Typical agentspeak, if I may say so telling me that the market is bad, when actually I find it good!

Are you doing workshare on here, because someone claiming to be called DodgyAgent said not long ago that he had loads of well-paid contracts going in Germany for German-speakers?

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that now your German contract market is not so good: mine is (I live in the UK and would prefer to work in the UK too, but haven't found anything I can afford to take).

BTW I do find that high standards are expected in Germany, possibly in part because they do not expect to turn over contractors until they get a good one (and also because they do value substance over style).

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Typical agentspeak, if I may say so telling me that the market is bad, when actually I find it good!

Are you doing workshare on here, because someone claiming to be called DodgyAgent said not long ago that he had loads of well-paid contracts going in Germany for German-speakers?

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that now your German contract market is not so good: mine is (I live in the UK and would prefer to work in the UK too, but haven't found anything I can afford to take).

BTW I do find that high standards are expected in Germany, possibly in part because they do not expect to turn over contractors until they get a good one (and also because they do value substance over style).
        I just knew you would bite expat
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I just knew you would bite expat

Comment

Working...
          X