• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Afghan family living in £1.2M house have silk furnishings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax evasion on the part of visiting workers can be stopped, e.g. by starting with the default of PAYE deducted directly from client/agent, and making people prove they qualify to run a Ltd Co instead; but many of the more vocal on here would oppose that as government interference in real business etc.

As for countries of origin, I'd be tempted to guess that immigration from similar cultures (e.g. Oz, NZ, Canada, even US) is no problem at all, certainly less than immigration from the slightly less similar countries in the EU who have no restrictions. I'd try to negotiate agreements with those similar countries, but in the absence of them, I'd just let those guys in anyway.

This is a culture-based generalisation, not a racist prejudice.

Comment

Ah, wondered how you bypassed the tuliper.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Silly immature swearing
        Such a potty mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
          Ah, wondered how you bypassed the tuliper.
          I dont think its a good idea to bypass the word filter... but given his previous statements in this thread, I dont think common sense is his strongest area...

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            I dont think its a good idea to bypass the word filter... but given his previous statements in this thread, I dont think common sense is his strongest area...
            HAHAHA, I agree with LG...you are a tnuc!!
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              HAHAHA, I agree with LG...you are a tnuc!!
              You felt the need ot type out laughter? Brilliant. You are a credit to LG, I am sure he is very happy to know you are supporting him.

Comment

You felt the need ot type out laughter? Brilliant. You are a credit to LG, I am sure he is very happy to know you are supporting him.
                Come on, it is only 2 letters, even someone as intellectually challenged as you can get that right! If you really really concentrate!
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Come on, it is only 2 letters, even someone as intellectually challenged as you can get that right! If you really really concentrate!
                  You always know people are struggling when they highlight typos, I make lots of them, knock yourself out sunshine.

HAHAHAHA

Comment

You always know people are struggling when they highlight typos, I make lots of them, knock yourself out sunshine.

HAHAHAHA
                    You felt the need to type out laughter? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you...

Comment

You felt the need to type out laughter? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you...
                      Your thanks is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X