• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gotta love learning russian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried www.amazon.gr ?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
      Is that the one where John takes it up the arse from 'Pop'?
      Hey hey hey. What is this I hear? Pop acting like a Mary Queen? I gonna lose my temper with you in a minute.

Pop had Janet up the tulipter. I enjoyed myself very much, such a beautiful arse. Just like Patricia.

Comment

Originally posted by Pop
        Pop had Janet up the tulipter.
        I enjoyed myself very much, such a beautiful arse.
        Just like Patricia.
        That's almost Haiku! Post it on the Friday Poetry Corner!
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          However, both are easy compared to Hungarian which is a complete bitch and doesn't have anything in common with other European languages!
          Yep, I'd agree with that. So far, I've managed to learn some nouns and very basic sentences. The lack of personal pronouns and gender make it very confusing.

My greatest achievement to date has been pointing at the animals in a zoo repeating their Hungarian names in an appalling accent, which has the effect of parents hurrying their little Zoltan away from the strange, retarded man.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I don't envy you, hyperD. It's a very interesting language, but I'm glad I left that headache behind And everything is based around the suffix, which doesn't help.

I recall they have an awkward way of pronouncing their 's', which is completely different to the Slavic languages. Koszonom szepen (sp). Szeretlek! In Polish, 's' = s and 'sz' = sh, but in Hungarian it's the opposite
            Still, it's a beautiful language, particularly when created by the likes of Sandor Petofi.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Yep, the s/sh and sz/s is very confusing. There's even a zs which is s, as in measure.

Mind you, as long as I have the translation for "Where's me ****ing dinner b1tch?" and "Two beers please" I'll be OK.

I haven't got round to finishing the first sentence but the 2nd one is:-

"Meg ket sort kerek"

One for the Lingual First Aid kit.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                I don't envy you, hyperD. It's a very interesting language, but I'm glad I left that headache behind And everything is based around the suffix, which doesn't help.

I recall they have an awkward way of pronouncing their 's', which is completely different to the Slavic languages. Koszonom szepen (sp). Szeretlek! In Polish, 's' = s and 'sz' = sh, but in Hungarian it's the opposite
                Still, it's a beautiful language, particularly when created by the likes of Sandor Petofi.
                That's a problem with slavic/eastern languages in general. They have all variations of sounds like tzzz, gzzz, tccc,sccc, jzzzz.... I can't do them as I was never able to reproduce the dutch "g".... there are limits to what sounds the human mouth can reproduce without poking....
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  there are limits to what sounds the human mouth can reproduce without poking....
                  I find the mouth tends to make a sucking noise when it's poking.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                    That's a problem with slavic/eastern languages in general. They have all variations of sounds like tzzz, gzzz, tccc,sccc, jzzzz.... I can't do them as I was never able to reproduce the dutch "g".... there are limits to what sounds the human mouth can reproduce without poking....
                    On a more serious note, there is a sound in Polish on certain 'a' and 'e' letters (don't have the exact letter on this keyboard), which basically sounds like the 'aw' in 'prawn'. That, along with all their brz, kszy, tryzs, etc....bloody nightmare!

Comment

So Mr Bond...These Spectre Agents are trying to lure you into a trap using a Soviet encryption machine called a Lektor, as revenge for the death of Dr No.........

Comment

Working...
                      X