• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone seen Bumfluff?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    He was the author of his own problems, but I wish him luck. It just shows that financial education should be provided in schools to get people off to a good start. The first thing they can teach is the limits of deposit guarantees and not to trust foreigners.
    Stop being such a Git.... it's not necessary!!!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      I concur with the sentiments expressed by the lady above.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

You're not in TPD now, love, it's a harsh world in General.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Hello . I'm not too stressed about it all now, Tuesday night though was not good, didn't sleep or anything, constantly refreshing my ICESAVE and Natwest accounts to see if the £ had come in, ringing Natwest at 2:45am. On a day to day level I knew I could deal with losing the £ as I would of had to, but I knew long term I would of been beating myself up over it it for years.

Thank god the government kicked up a fuss, IMO my £ was out of ICESAVE before the annoucment (cleared on the 6th anoucement on the 7th) but they illegally held on to it. Just got to go through the compo scheme now, hearing different stories from 6 weeks to 4 months to get the cash back, even talk about the accounts being transfered to Northern Rock.

I know many people feel we shouldnt get all the £ back as we knew it was hi risk and rates were high, these are both things I knew and for a couple of months knew I had to sort it but with one thing and another I never got round till it. I've done alot of beating myself up over it since Tuesday and I know I was stupied and lazy and I should of known better. I made a big mistake but have defo learnt a lesson that I effect the rest of my life. I will though as a result when I get the £ back make a couple of £k donation to charity.
          Last edited by Bumfluff; 10 October 2008, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
            I concur with the sentiments expressed by the lady above.
            whs

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              He was the author of his own problems, but I wish him luck. It just shows that financial education should be provided in schools to get people off to a good start. The first thing they can teach is the limits of deposit guarantees and not to trust foreigners.
              cretin

Comment

phew! we were thinking you had done a tonyenglish.

Comment

Deposit guarantees have been well publicised. I just don't understand some people. He obviously has too much money, otherwise he would have been prudent and split it across various banks.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                    phew! we were thinking you had done a tonyenglish.
                    What else have I missed?

AND WHY AREN'T YOU BACK IN TPD YET????????????????????
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

patience my little grasshopper.

Comment

Working...
                      X