• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Property boom back on!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squatch View Post
    Rubbish article. The market has another 20% to drop. Typical estate agent propaganda. Put your money in ING and B&B for a couple years, then buy the derelict house for 30,000 quid from the prat who paid 50,000 for it (after he's evicted the squatters).
    13% so far - I reckon it will be 50% from peak to trough....

Comment

the article is not that bad tbh

Over the 5-10 years you will, in majority of cases, make money but Id say that by August we should see price falls of a further 10-15% than maybe consider buying.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        13% so far - I reckon it will be 50% from peak to trough....
        Sometime last year I read an article that stated for property to get back to the historical level of around 3.5 x yearly income, the market would have to drop about 60% (can't remember the exact figures) or wages would have to rise by about 86%.

When I arrived in the UK in June 1995 pretty well every house in the street was for sale, no-one had been buying for about 5 years, and it took cashback incentives and about 2% off the base interest rate for 2 years before the market started again.

This property down cycle has the very likely potential to be worse than the late 80s one.

Comment

Working...
        X