• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A triumph for Gordon Brown

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    World must follow my example, says Gordon Brown

This is Brown's Falklands. After this, he will be good for 3 more terms in office.
    As in General Galtieri

sorry to repeat this but the Times says it for me

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle4944288.ece
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      As in General Galtieri

sorry to repeat this but the Times says it for me

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...cle4944288.ece
      The Times has a long history of having clever writers espouse mistaken views well.

Comment

The Times has a long history of having clever writers espouse mistaken views well.
        Sorry expat, but that article is bang to rights.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Sorry expat, but that article is bang to rights.
          Actually I agree, I just contradict Dodgy out of habit.

And the Times has a much better record of actually being right. E.g.

Britain’s 15-year economic expansion is built on unsustainable foundations that are becoming more exposed as homeowners’ finances are stretched ever tighter ..... the UK’s unprecedented period of consistent growth and low inflation is “more mirage than miracle”. It argues that Britain’s record is worse than its rivals’ and is too reliant on erosion of savings and on rises in debt and immigration.
          From The Times October 23, 2007

Comment

The article is bang on with interest rates being too low for too long, if only CyberTory got it.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Actually I agree, I just contradict Dodgy out of habit.

[/URL]

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                The article is bang on with interest rates being too low for too long, if only CyberTory got it.

That may well be true, but now we have the opposite...... too high for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Quite a few have said this already on this web site.
                  Its true, I broke the story a few days back *feigns humble look*

I actually think the Churchillian 'Battle of the Banks' is a better analogy than the Falklands. No matter what he's done in the past no-one deserves to be compared to Thatchula (or a moment she had)

But yeah old Gordo is glowing at the moment. I'm surprised he hasn't changed his last name from Brown to Coppertone

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    That may well be true, but now we have the opposite...... too high for too long.
                    Really? try 10% for three years and see how that works for ya

Comment

Working...
                    X