• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At 10.25....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko
    I farted in the lift. If you smelled something funny, Chico, it was me.
    I hope you haven't been at the lamb and mint crisps.
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
      Looks like CMJ might have got it right in the Times this morning. He described Threaded, Chico and the like as “Vulgar”.
      A few years ago I read a book about the history of British public schools - Sounds incredibly boring, but was actually quite interesting (although I don't think I ever finished it).

Anyway, Dr Keate ( http://www.etoncollege.com/eton.asp?di=317 ), Eton College HM in the early 19th century, used to birch any boy he felt was too precociously religious, on the grounds that an excess of religious fervour in youth would lead to dogmatism in adulthood.

He once birched a whole group of boys for loitering, ignoring their pleas, only afterwards finding out they had been waiting for confirmation class!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
        A few years ago I read a book about the history of British public schools - Sounds incredibly boring, but was actually quite interesting (although I don't think I ever finished it).

Anyway, Dr Keate ( http://www.etoncollege.com/eton.asp?di=317 ), Eton College HM in the early 19th century, used to birch any boy he felt was too precociously religious, on the grounds that an excess of religious fervour in youth would lead to dogmatism in adulthood.

He once birched a whole group of boys for loitering, ignoring their pleas, only afterwards finding out they had been waiting for confirmation class!
        Talking of which, are there any "Old Dragons" out there?
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
          You mean the Dragon School in Oxford? Nah, but my brother was at Summerfields, quite near, and I gather there was some rivalry between them.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Would an Old Radleian do instead?

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
              Would an Old Radleian do instead?
              I had weetabix this morning and am now anticipating my first big poo of the day!
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

I had weetabix this morning and am now anticipating my first big poo of the day!
                I also had weetabix, but I'm saving the latter for tonight. Gives me something to look forward to

Comment

I had prunes and allbran.

Tend to get stuck to the ceiling of the lavatory though....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I had prunes and allbran.

Tend to get stuck to the ceiling of the lavatory though....
                    What the hell are you doing crapping on the ceiling of the lavatory?

I've got a feeling I just answered my own question there...
                    You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
                    X