• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC News business editor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I liked Evan Davis, once I read the rumours of his nipple piercings I couldn't focus on what he was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
      While I liked Evan Davis, once I read the rumours of his nipple piercings I couldn't focus on what he was saying.

Prince Albert - is what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Not sure whether he has broken the law, but by virtue of causing a run on Northern Rock, he, HMG and the BBC have cost Rock shareholders, their staff and homeowners a lot of money.
        and the taxpayers. Fkin idiot.
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Dunno about breaking the law, I mean Piers Moron escaped jail... but the virtual shredders have been going overtime...this is exciting!

Peston blogging government spin before announcement
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            Wasn't he known as 'Tinsel Tits' at the BBC?
            Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              The people who caused the run on Northern Rock were the muppets who ran it. I'm tired of hearing how a journalist is being irresponsible for causing this that and the other problem in the financial markets. If the traders can't think for themselves they shouldn't be doing the job. If they act on a report by a journalist whoever he or she may work for, then THEY should be locked up for being irresponsible with other people's money.

The more I hear about the financial markets, the more I realise what a bunch of idiots have effectively been running the economy (that'll be the bankers not the politicians), and the more I'm thinking we should go for the short term pain option, let the banks collapse, get these morons out of positions of power and start again with something that works better - i.e. only buying and selling things that exist would be a start, so only trade money if you have the assets to back it up.

At the end of the day, why should my tax go to keeping these idiots in champagne? Who isn't getting their share of the £50b that's now been diverted to the city?

Finally, I have no doubt that the other parties would have just as weak a spine as NL either. This is a failure of the whole system, not which colour it happens to be.
              Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

You're the idiot. The taxpayer's will make a profit, and that is why this is going to court !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
                  The people who caused the run on Northern Rock were the muppets who ran it. I'm tired of hearing how a journalist is being irresponsible for causing this that and the other problem in the financial markets. If the traders can't think for themselves they shouldn't be doing the job. If they act on a report by a journalist whoever he or she may work for, then THEY should be locked up for being irresponsible with other people's money.

The more I hear about the financial markets, the more I realise what a bunch of idiots have effectively been running the economy (that'll be the bankers not the politicians), and the more I'm thinking we should go for the short term pain option, let the banks collapse, get these morons out of positions of power and start again with something that works better - i.e. only buying and selling things that exist would be a start, so only trade money if you have the assets to back it up.

At the end of the day, why should my tax go to keeping these idiots in champagne? Who isn't getting their share of the £50b that's now been diverted to the city?

Finally, I have no doubt that the other parties would have just as weak a spine as NL either. This is a failure of the whole system, not which colour it happens to be.

You're obviously pretty ignorant if you believe that HMG were not culpable in the demise of Northern Rock. I've no sympathy for HBOS etc because they bought masses of carp US securities.
                  Northern Rock did not buy US securities and thus had a clean balance sheet. Their only fault was having the audacity to want to roll-over loans from the moneymarkets which banks have done throughout history.

Comment

Okay, um...

I only get to read Peston on the BBC website, coz I aint sitting up all night to watch the BBC here in NZ. Out of all the commentary on all the websites I read I have to say I rate his one of the most informative.

Sorry.

*runs away*

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                      You're obviously pretty ignorant if you believe that HMG were not culpable in the demise of Northern Rock.
                      Enlighten me then. How is HMG responsible for the collapse of a private company? Clearly it's nothing to do with the fact that Northern Rock didn't have the assets to pay back the savers who wanted to withdraw the money that they'd deposited there...
                      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Working...
                      X