• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC News business editor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That clip is a year old and now we are even more shafted!
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Guido reports: Michael Howard Complains to FSA Over Pesto-Wire

This is what he should do: YouTube NSFW
      Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 8 October 2008, 15:36.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Guido reports: Michael Howard Complains to FSA Over Pesto-Wire

This is what he should do: YouTube NSFW
        From that link: "Michael Howard found dead, propped up against a tree. Suicide suspected"

Comment

Well done Michael Howard !!. Shame he didn't also mention the run on Northern Rock which was instigated by a leak to Robert Peston. This will however thankfully be aired for full public scrutiny in court in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            From that link: "Michael Howard found dead, propped up against a tree. Suicide suspected"

I don't think they would dare do it again !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              I don't think they would dare do it again !!
              I wouldn't bank on it. Whoops, a crap pun.

Comment

So has Peston broken the law? Could he do time for this? What about the BBC and its board?
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  So has Peston broken the law? Could he do time for this? What about the BBC and its board?
                  If a law has been broken, then f--k all will happen. Come on, keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Not sure whether he has broken the law, but by virtue of causing a run on Northern Rock, he, HMG and the BBC have cost Rock shareholders, their staff and homeowners a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Some of you may have noticed Robert Peston has replaced Evan Davis as the BBC news business editor.

I preferred Evan as he always made his reports interesting to listen too he made an effort in wrapping up the story in a neat analogy you me and the family pets could understand. He will always be remembered in my mind for "Good luck with that."

Robert Peston gets up my snout however. His favourite phrase "Now lets be clear"

Every-time he's on the news he says it. Sounds so patronising. Not to mentioned the format of his reports are appalling. Nothing constructive about them.

Rant over
                      evan was the economics editor

Comment

Working...
                      X