• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for a holiday in Iceland?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    I've met a few Icelanders over the years, and I can safely say that they are all very nice people until they have a drink.

Without fail they turn into psychopathic lunatics who will attempt things like
    • Charge at a car that is driving at them.
    • Hop over the live rail in tube stations.
    • Pick up a policeman and carry him across the road.
    I'd love to visit the country but I doubt I'll live to tell the tale.
    Your all right they only drink on weekends.

If you drink in the week then you are an alcoholic.

Oh and it doesn't matter what day of the week it is, if a traffic warder tickets a car the traffic warden gets beaten up. (And they can't park.)
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
      I've met a few Icelanders over the years, and I can safely say that they are all very nice people until they have a drink.

Without fail they turn into psychopathic lunatics who will attempt things like
      • Charge at a car that is driving at them.
      • Hop over the live rail in tube stations.
      • Pick up a policeman and carry him across the road.
      I'd love to visit the country but I doubt I'll live to tell the tale.
      Do they have tube stations in Iceland? Or do they come specially to London to do it?

I suppose the picking up policemen lark is kinder than trying to kick the shiite out of them that any self respecting Brit binge drinker would attempt.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...-millions.html

The National Council for Voluntary Organisations estimates that British charities have over £120 million at risk. One charity, Cats Protection had £11.2 million of deposits in one of Kaupthing's British units.
        Cats!!! WTF
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I disagree. If you've got energy you can do anything and things can never get totally screwed.
          I'd like to see them export a bucket of steam.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X