• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short selling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    Hmm. So pretty much anyone who's ever worked as a trader, or in IB, or actually any front office capacity for any financial institution?
    Pretty much anyone who sold or helped sell this tulip yes.

What do you expect, to earn shredload of money in the City and have clear conscience that you did the right thing? Jobs of that kind don't pay much.

Comment

IF Short Selling and Margin Trading is such an evil of the capitalist system

Why is China introducting it?
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        IF Short Selling and Margin Trading is such an evil of the capitalist system

Why is China introducting it?

Because, as the financial genius atw doesn't understand:

"The new instruments will serve to increase overall market liquidity and the effectiveness of the market's price-setting mechanism"
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          "The new instruments will serve to increase overall market liquidity and the effectiveness of the market's price-setting mechanism"
          Yes, very effective mechanism of making a few people rich at the expense of everyone else.

Better go and talk to FSA and SEC on why they banned short sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Pretty much anyone who sold or helped sell this tulip yes.

What do you expect, to earn shredload of money in the City and have clear conscience that you did the right thing? Jobs of that kind don't pay much.
            You really don't have clue, do you?
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Better go and talk to FSA and SEC on why they banned short sellers.
              And it's working is it?

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

You really don't have clue, do you?
                snaw, do you work in the City for a financial institution of whatever sort? Yes or No.

Comment

snaw, do you work in the City for a financial institution of whatever sort? Yes or No.
                  Yep.

My missus worked IB front office for many years as well. I find it interesting how you seem to be characterising her, and quite a few people I know btw.

Comment

And it's working is it?
                    I think it does (if hedge funds complied - very hard to check), without it things would have been a lot worse in stock market.

Better explain me what exact economic purpose serves selling of stuff you don't have in order to drop share prices down so that you could make money when long term investors get raped by stop loss calls or generally feeling bad about it and having to sell?

If you don't plan on keeping shares for a long period of time you should not be buying them, full stop.

Comment

I find it interesting how you seem to be characterising her, and quite a few people I know btw.
                      snaw, you will hear a lot more characterisations in the future, but not from me but from courts - sadly I fear in this country white collar criminals will get away with it, but I am certain good US of A will show the way which would include extradictions from this country.

I don't know exactly what you or your wife did, some stock market activities are fine by me, just like banks, however if it's anything related to hedge funds, derivative games, subprime CDOs and stuff like that then make no mistake - you were involved in this scam and profited from it.

Comment

Working...
                      X