• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS & Barclays may get £45 billion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's funny how UK would not find a few billions to save Rover and other companies (even if to sell them for £1 to Japanese or Chinese) but suddenly huge amounts are spent to bail out buddies from the City.

Any such bailout should be done with execs going to jail pending trial.

You cannot equate a car company with banks that keep the whole economy in operation. I thought you had more intelligence than that.

Comment

Any such bailout should be done with execs going to jail pending trial.
      I must admit I wouldn't mind seeing this guy put in jail and his assets seized.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-collapse.html

Comment

I just hope Lloyds TSB abandons stupid purchase they made
        i think that would be a truly disastrous thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post

HMG will part-nationalise because it is in their blood and in the long-run they will make tens of billions to fill the empty coffers.
          Won't that be a good thing for the incoming Tory administration? They'll get the income and the kudos when they re privatise them?

Comment

Remember HBOS.....

Originally posted by NetwkSupport View Post
            barclays arent requesting any capital, i think all this hear say is worsening the issue
            Just a couple of weeks ago, the HBOS chairman was fiercely denying any problems, just an hour or so later, the real story came out and it emerged that he's been in talks with Lloyds all day and the deal was done. He must have popped out of the meeting with them to deny anything was happening!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
              i think that would be a truly disastrous thing to do.
              For HBOS yes.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                I must admit I wouldn't mind seeing this guy put in jail and his assets seized.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-collapse.html
                I think he might end up there actually.

Comment

Branson on BBC News

Sir Dick is on there now saying there is a real risk of RBS toppling. He also said that Virgin Atlantic have tried to move a 'few hundred million' to a safer location, however 'the bank' came up with some small print in their terms to prevent them from doing so!

Comment

Working...
                  X