• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here still banking with an Icelandic bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming the worsed happens and the £ doesnt turn up, I know I can go the compo scheme for a small part of it, but what about the rest ? I assume I would have to register as a creditor

Anyone up to speed on the legal side of recievership in terms of which point they don't have to honour the transactions. My transaction was processed on the 6th Oct, ICESAVE went officially into recievership this morning ?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      Assuming the worsed happens and the £ doesnt turn up, I know I can go the compo scheme for a small part of it, but what about the rest ? I assume I would have to register as a creditor

Anyone up to speed on the legal side of recievership in terms of which point they don't have to honour the transactions. My transaction was processed on the 6th Oct, ICESAVE went officially into recievership this morning ?

I know it is easier said than done but please try not to stress until you know what the score is. Have a couple of beers tonight and try not to dwell on possible outcomes

No point thinking of the worst when it may not occur.
      my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Easy man , I tell ya ,it will be ok . Breathe ,breathe , breathe ... the pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          more importantly..

what is Kerry Katona going to advertise now??
          Aldi?

Comment

There were warnings in the media about Icelandic banks months ago, especial Icesave. It's a shame that people appear not to have heeded the advice.

I feel vindicated more than ever that I decided not to sell my house and rent because I was worried about where to put the cash.

Comment

Anyone know if ING is about to go nips up?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                There were warnings in the media about Icelandic banks months ago, especial Icesave. It's a shame that people appear not to have heeded the advice.

I feel vindicated more than ever that I decided not to sell my house and rent because I was worried about where to put the cash.
                Yeah, Yeah, and you told us the housing market couldn't crash i.e. you didn't see the credit crunch hitting the UK in the way it has.

Rather than gloat, I feel sorry for those affected.

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                Anyone know if ING is about to go nips up?
                Maybe you should consider the Nationwide? They have 6.5% bonds and work on a model based on lending deposits on a sound basis rather than borrowing from money markets and lending to lost causes and those speculating on the housing bubble.
                Last edited by Bagpuss; 7 October 2008, 21:18.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I just got to hope I had luck on myside and I get my money. The reality of losing that money for me is pretty much life changing . I saved up for years, plan was to use it to chill for a while and do stuff, travel etc I don't think I can work tomorrow, just got to hope

Comment

I just got to hope I had luck on myside and I get my money. The reality of losing that money for me is pretty much life changing . I saved up for years, plan was to use it to chill for a while and do stuff, travel etc I don't think I can work tomorrow, just got to hope
                    Fingers crossed for you, I can't imagine the stress you're going through right now.
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Hopefully you have a good chance, the money went out of the account which is a good sign. What day is it due in?
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X