• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shock! Horror! The Dark Side awaits...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Yes I think it'll get tough and there may or may not be a small window to dive into permiedom before it's a tulip fight for anything and everything. One problem is you are probably only marginally safer as a permie, if it is an organisation you know then you can make an educated call but I'd still be wary. You may be better off dropping your rate and trying to cling on that way. My current and previous client have both been sacking permies but no contractors as yet ( ie. the tulip still needs shovelling ).
    Know them well and they have sacked a shedload of permies in the last 12 months, and half the contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Yes I think it'll get tough and there may or may not be a small window to dive into permiedom before it's a tulip fight for anything and everything. One problem is you are probably only marginally safer as a permie, if it is an organisation you know then you can make an educated call but I'd still be wary. You may be better off dropping your rate and trying to cling on that way. My current and previous client have both been sacking permies but no contractors as yet ( ie. the tulip still needs shovelling ).

Aye

There is only one problem with the rat-race - even if you win - you're still a Rat.

Euro-Contractors may find they will be the first out as its very expensive to get rid of Euro-Permies.

Thats show-bizz folks ...

Comment

Working...
      X