• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which sander

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    WHS.

PVA is a gift from God.

If you are putting plasterboard over the wall anyway, then seal current surface with watered-down PVA (1 part PVA:5 Parts water, I think, but instructions on the container). Then, PVA plasterborad on top. I use undiluted pVA for gluing - it's a strong adhesive, as long as it remains dry. Else, get waterproof PVA. Oh, you can get roll-on plaster, too, which I found to be a doddle to use and saved me £100s.
    Tell me more of this roll on plaster of which you speak.
    I am OK with boarding (I use the dot and dab adhesive) but can't skim for toffee.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

2 coats of polycell basecoat will sort your walls out after stripping, spot filling and sanding

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        Tell me more of this roll on plaster of which you speak.
        I am OK with boarding (I use the dot and dab adhesive) but can't skim for toffee.
        Google for it - can't remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
          Google for it - can't remember the name.
          Just did. It looks more like a smooth artex then plaster. Is it any good?
          What problems did you have?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Just did. It looks more like a smooth artex then plaster. Is it any good?
            What problems did you have?
            No problems. It rolls on. That's it.

Or use lining paper - a bit pricey, but does the job.

Comment

Sander Down.

Comment

Working...
              X