• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We shall fight them on the beaches....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post
    I fear that some on this board may fall into the error of thinking that admiration for Churchill is unanimous on this board.

I visited Churchill's grave at Bladon a few years ago because of my admiration for this man who saved this country.

Blair has decimated this country with his Human Rights Act, mass immigration, pensions debacle, reducing Thatcher's EU rebate etc. The guy should be shot for his treachery.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Did Winston lie and act as much as Tony then ? This is the biggest insult to Winston Churchill that could ever be possible.
      Some might say that calling out troops against the Welsh miners, and advocating the use of poison gas against Kurdish rebels, were more serious.

Comment

Some might say that calling out troops against the Welsh miners, and advocating the use of poison gas against Kurdish rebels, were more serious.

... and many would not, especially the Turks who continue to victimise and bully Kurds today. Sometimes tough decisions have to be taken and Tony Blair has hardly made a tough decision in his life, except on how much to rob pensioners by.

Now that Thatcher woman is somebody I really admire. She is a million times more like Churchill than Blair will ever be.

Comment

Did Winston lie and act as much as Tony then ? This is the biggest insult to Winston Churchill that could ever be possible.
          Probably not, but he did cause Peter Piaktow and his anarchists to be burnt to death by refusing to allow the fire brigade into the house at Sidney Street during the siege. I don't think this was particularly noble.

Though to be fair they had shot 3 policemen in a robbery gone wrong and had shot Churchill (though only hit his hat) at the scene of the siege.

http://www.met.police.uk/history/sidney_street.htm

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
            Probably not, but he did cause Peter Piaktow and his anarchists to be burnt to death by refusing to allow the fire brigade into the house at Sidney Street during the siege. I don't think this was particularly noble.

Though to be fair they had shot 3 policemen in a robbery gone wrong and had shot Churchill (though only hit his hat) at the scene of the siege.

http://www.met.police.uk/history/sidney_street.htm

Churchill has just gone even higher in my estimation.

Comment

Churchill has just gone even higher in my estimation.
              You're OK with the idea of gassing an area full of civilians, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Cherie's comparing Tony to Winston... bless her & I'm sure this panel will agree

krap

That's okay...I compare her to a money grubbing lying slut...It all evens out.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

You're OK with the idea of gassing an area full of civilians, then?

No, but I look at the overall achievements of Churchill, and my reply was not related to that episode, but the burning of police murderers. Too good for them I say !!!

Comment

No, but I look at the overall achievements of Churchill, and my reply was not related to that episode, but the burning of police murderers. Too good for them I say !!!
                    Hear Hear!
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Let's just go the whole hog and liken Cherie Blair with Mother Teresa, Tony Blair with Jesus and Gormeless with Moses. Not sure where that leaves Prescott, Gollum maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X