• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bailout Vote

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Let's shortsell on the Dim Prawn Ltd....
    Before they get suspended by the markets!!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      Because the more banks fail, the more banks will be reluctant to lend to each other due to a lack of confidence that the bank they're lending to will stay solvent.

This will lead to further seizure of the credit markets, which will make things worse for everyone. All but the most creditworthy customers will be unable to get credit, businesses will be unable to get credit for investment, any recession will be made lots worse...

Doomed.

I've got enough savings to last me many years so bring it on. It's a shame that we live in such a materialistic society that so many people buy goods with total disregard to whether they can really afford them and put nothing away for a rainy day. Now they will surely learn the error of their ways.

Comment

That's why it's good news. People and businesses have enough debt already. The reset button needs pressing.
        Yup - it will happen whatever they do. All this is just rearranging chairs on the Titanic (to quote a much used phrase).

But it will come back again. Not good news if you have oodles of debt and a few mortgages, but then again, no one held you down to take it/them out in the first place. Investments can go up as well as down.

Comment

That's why it's good news. People and businesses have enough debt already. The reset button needs pressing.
          I'd agree except for the fact that people who still can afford credit will be turned down. For example, nobody will be able to buy a new car on finance, even if they're well able to afford the repayments. Then we get falling sales, cuts in production, cuts in employment, the knock on effect on other businesses caused by falling spending because of increasing unemployment, etc etc...
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Try reading this thread Diestl

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
              Not good news if you have oodles of debt and a few mortgages, but then again, no one held you down to take it/them out in the first place. Investments can go up as well as down.
              Too true - and that's why support mechanisms need to be put on full alert. People torching their houses, suicide by chain-saw are some of the true victims of London's cream greed.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Dow Jones just closed down 590 points
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

suicide by chain-saw ....
                  Knowing my luck the b@stard wouldn't start

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    Dow Jones just closed down 590 points
                    Is it just me.. or does (spread) betting on the markets seem like a reasonable idea to anyone at the moment?

Comment

Transferred all me wonga there 7 months ago... finger on the pulse!

smug mode on
                      I just transfered mine out of Kaupthing to the NW. Had a look on Motley fool for their recommendations, B&B was the best (last week) apparently
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X