• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who said Homeworking is easy !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me its written into my contract that I can work anywhere as long as I meet the deadlines with my projects. As I understand this is a good pointer to being outside IR35 (control aspect)

I'll tend to do 2 days a week at home.

Get up 7.30
    logon 8.30
    work till 12.30 have a break 30 mins
    Start back at approx 1.30 and work till about 5 then logoff.

My second day at home tends to be a Friday when not a lot is going off anyway.

The main reason for going into the office is to go to meetings and touch base with my project team.

Comment

Interesting views, I have a lot going on outside working life, gym, rugby etc but when not doing those, hard to not get down to some more code. I think it is right that 2 hours solid graft at home is more than a whole day at the office. Well... I think Solent should take a chill pill, be productive but cut down on the amount I deliver, as it has been full on recently. Umm, impresses the client but I don't think the pace is a good one.

Appreciate everyone's view, cheers for those.

Comment

Working...
      X