• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And this is the greatest country in the world?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 responses:
    1. Actually they are not saying “help is on the way”. Yesterday the Mayor admitted the situation was out of control and urged people to start walking (I’d have walked long ago). In any case this is irrelevant since the people have no access to information.
    2. Staying in the city the 4 things most likely to kill you are lack of water, disease, crocodiles, murderers. Walking out of the city doesn’t solve all your problems but gets you away from all of these and back into a first world country.
    3. It’s hot in the Super Dome as well apparently.
    4. I suppose this must be the real reason for most of them.

Comment

crocodiles - Jesus! I thought it was aligators over there. That is some flood!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by planetit
        4 responses:
        1. Actually they are not saying “help is on the way”. Yesterday the Mayor admitted the situation was out of control and urged people to start walking (I’d have walked long ago). In any case this is irrelevant since the people have no access to information.
        Actually you will find different levels of goverment saying different things, local and state are saying things are out of control and begging anyone anywhere to help, fed level (bush) is saying things are under control, help is on the way and that the US does not need outside help. And actually quite a lot of people do have access to information, one thing still works, radio. And all the conflicting messages i would say are leaving them downright pissed off

2. Staying in the city the 4 things most likely to kill you are lack of water, disease, crocodiles, murderers. Walking out of the city doesn’t solve all your problems but gets you away from all of these and back into a first world country.
        Who is more likely to get attention first and most of it, those in the worst area with the most media focus.. aka those still in NO and the superdome (like those already taken out of there and moved to texas). Be just another joe blogs on his own walking the highways and you will be lucky to get anything
        3. It’s hot in the Super Dome as well apparently.
        Overheated and dehydrated before even starting, starting to walk on top of it is likely to get you killed

Comment

Of course we are all so wonderful at dealing with a crisis in this country that we are well placed to harangue the yanks, aren't we? Fook me, a few leaves on the railway lines and the place grinds to a stop FFS!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            crocodiles - Jesus! I thought it was aligators over there. That is some flood!
            Nope, only 'gators in NO. They like marshmallows too.

Comment

You best take your chances staying with the Columbian hostages then. I’m off!

P.S. Looks like your city is now mysteriously exploding around you. Still think you made the right choice to stay? There’s still time to come with me, I’ll show you the way.
              Last edited by planetit; 2 September 2005, 10:49.

Comment

Actually there are crocodiles as well. This is due to the numerous crocodile and alligator farms being flooded...
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

ahh, it's not so bad folks, in fact, the situation looks to be improving...

"Louisiana's governor said 300 "battle-tested" National Guardsmen were being sent to the crippled city.

"They have M-16s and are locked and loaded. These troops know how to shoot and kill and I expect they will," Kathleen Blanco said.
                  "
                  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4207202.stm

Milan.

Comment

ist das normal ?

they seem to build their wooden houses on sand...

http://www.al.com/cgi-bin/prxy/photo...katrina-15.jpg

Milan.

Comment

I tell you this -- if was in situation when my family needed food and water to survive then I would not hesitate to loot store.

IMO it seems to me that USA's response to disaster is rather slow -- they should have dropped teams of National Guard to control situation on day 1, not now.

Comment

Working...
                      X