• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A day in the life of Gatwick airport, that lovely airport…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are only so many times you can say "you will have to take up your complaint through other channels" and "would you mind moving along I have other customers to deal with" before your only alternative is to call for security. Probably after telling the punter you will have to call security.

What did she say to the security chaps? Might they have had a reason for cuffing her? Particularly as she wasn't listening and was possibly being threatening.

Some people think that if they stand and argue long enough they will win.

Whilst I have some sympathy with people caught out by airport regs you have to remember that it is an airport.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      What did she say to the security chaps? Might they have had a reason for cuffing her? Particularly as she wasn't listening and was possibly being threatening.
      A one point she stood in a defiant manner (20 to 10 in the pen) with her black Charlie chaplain like hat and her eyelids fluttering. 'Don't you touch me' she screamed to the BAA chap. 'I'm going to call my mother' with her index finger pressing the BAA chap chest. He said 'if you do that again I'm going to charge you with assault'

The world is going mad.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Says it all really. Al Qaeda blew up the Twin Towers, so that's a good enough excuse to rough you up for complaining.
        i really hope thats you being sarcastic
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          A one point she stood in a defiant manner (20 to 10 in the pen) with her black Charlie chaplain like hat and her eyelids fluttering. 'Don't you touch me' she screamed to the BAA chap. 'I'm going to call my mother' with her index finger pressing the BAA chap chest. He said 'if you do that again I'm going to charge you with assault'

The world is going mad.
          I disagree with you.

This BAA chap isn't the face of BAA, he's just a guy doing his job.

BA lost my luggage once and my girlfriend started going nuts at a BA girl behind the desk. I actually got angry at my girlfriend, it wasn't the girl behind the desk who lost my luggage. Yet there were 6 or 7 people screaming and shouting at these people like they'd shat on their sofa or something.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            I disagree with you.

BA lost my luggage once and my girlfriend started going nuts at a BA girl behind the desk. I actually got angry at my girlfriend, it wasn't the girl behind the desk who lost my luggage. Yet there were 6 or 7 people screaming and shouting at these people like they'd shat on their sofa or something.
            Those sorts of stories about BAA staff have become alot more common. Even the DailyTelegraph business editor wrote a long article about how rude and abusive they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
              I disagree with you.

Unfortunately these people represent the face of the airline so can shouted at all the time.

It takes a special type of person to put up with that tulip day in day out.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                Dear Scooter Scot I would like to cancel my subscription to you for the attempted use of abstract concepts in retort to witty repartee.

Please refund my remaining payments or I will send the boys round.

Yours sincerely, CFK.
                I'm sorry refunds are not given for use of the pluperfect subjunctive.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Unfortunately these people represent the face of the airline so can shouted at all the time.

It takes a special type of person to put up with that tulip day in day out.
                  It would help if BAA did not employ the type who enjoy dishing it out.

Comment

The problem with these service staff is all they ever seem to do is hand you a form and ask you to fill it in and return it.

They never even act concerned over the loss
                    They never seem to take any action
                    They refuse to give any indication of when the problem will be resolved.

The best service staff are reserved for the first/business class and those with a billion frequent flier miles.
                    Loose your bags then and they actually get off their arses and make a few calls and try and trace the bags there and then
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      It would help if BAA did not employ the type who enjoy dishing it out.
                      This lot did. The grins on their faces watching her distress was deplorable, talk about starting fires in a burning house.

Comment

Working...
                      X