• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit to Gordon Brown where it is due.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I have had several similar conversations - my mate (and fellow Eye subscriber - we have bought each other subs over the years too) plans to buy up barn conversions when he wins the lottery and spend money converting them all back to barns.
    Now that is brilliance.

I shall throw this in to our conversation next time - although I am somewhat worried about my friend as he is going to the arse end of nowhere in Wales this weekend to watch a concert by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

I kid you not. (see here)

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
      Blimey, the chap on the right has a biggun
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
        Now that is brilliance.

I shall throw this in to our conversation next time - although I am somewhat worried about my friend as he is going to the arse end of nowhere in Wales this weekend to watch a concert by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

They were fabulous on Jools and there was an interesting prog on radio4 about them a while back.

Comment

They were fabulous on Jools and there was an interesting prog on radio4 about them a while back.
          I am just listening to some of their sample MP3's - they are actually very good, perhaps I shall concede defeat to my infinitely more knowledgeable friend.

Or perhaps not.

Comment

Just found this video of them performing Smells Like Teen Spirit on the show.
            Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
              Just found this video of them performing Smells Like Teen Spirit on the show.
              Have to say I just listened to the sample of that and was wondering if it continued as well as it started.... impressed.

Might even make it the first legit CD purchase of the year!!

Comment

They are great. Wuthering Heights:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSed1...eature=related

and Life on Mars:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxCj2...eature=related

I'm taking the family later this year.

Comment

Fantastic! What a great find. Thanks.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

It's about the only paper left with any real news in it. I have been a subscriber since 1986.
                    I have almost every issue since it started, although I'm missing about five including the first.

I still buy it out of habit, although to be honest I'm not that interested in much of it such as goings on in journalism and local government.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X