• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grandpa contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Late thirties and don't look a day over 50.
    Ditto!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Clinging onto my 30s by my fingernails !

I know quite a few real oldie contractors who rely on having hazy CVs with no age and no pre 90s experience on there and then shock the clients with their decrepit appearance on arrival. BUT in Tony and Gordon's reduced red tape fairer non ageist Britain they are now having to produce ID before you can even get an interview ( or not ! ).

Comment

Mmmmm....old men....lovely

Being in my 20s, my buttocks are still firm and rosy, and I'm a favourite with middle-aged women.
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Ages

I can remember the King dying, that's George VI, not Elvis!

Comment

Just the 45. Mind you after 22 years contracting I'm going permie (and not even at tescos )

Comment

if I'm still contracting in .Net when I'm in my early forties I will be a very happy bunny

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                A pity I cannot prove it anymore. Had you taken the chance last year. :-)
                You poor sod. I guess it's the old story - need to drill a hole in a piece of wood, no bench handy, so just pop the wood on your lap and start drilling... Happens all the time.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I thought in computer terms 25 and you were past it. So I retired at this age.

Then 25 and 1 day realized that I did not have enough money for the week.

Now I'm the fine old age of 34 and still working..
                  Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Anyone got any good stories about what it was like during the Crimean War?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                      Anyone got any good stories about what it was like during the Crimean War?
                      Failing that, what was it like during the Falklands conflict???
                      Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                      X