• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boost for the economy: 1gbp / litre is coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil

oil hit 6$ a gallon in some places in the US. Its very high for the US . i remeber oil being at 1,5$ a gallon

Comment

"Note I was using BP Ultimate Diesel which helped get 50 miles extra",

that must be because they mix it with vegetable oil !

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
        BUT: if my Oyster card costs, say, £96 a month, I cannot see it being increased instantly to the same degree that petrol prices have increased at the pump.
        Oyster cards are made from plastic, the cost of which is heavily dependent on oil prices - if you haven't got one, better get one quick!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          "Note I was using BP Ultimate Diesel which helped get 50 miles extra",

that must be because they mix it with vegetable oil !

Milan.
          Milan, why would I care what they mix it with, as long as I know for fact I get better milage and car is more responsive?

Comment

interesting,

I wonder if the rising fuel prices will have an effect
            on the second hand prices of big cars over the coming years ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              55 mph. I'd rather walk!
              Tony, as an M6 and M25 user I thought you'd be grateful to go that fast!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I can remember when petrol was 4/6d per gallon & the only things that burned diesel were buses & lorries.

That's 22.5p to the uninitiated.
                I thought you lot used galacticredits.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  At an exchange rate of £15billion to 1 galacticredit, it's a little inflexible.
                  And is it a triangular rubber coin 6,800 miles along each side?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    55 mph. I'd rather walk!
                    55 mph is good speed -- I used to do much higher on motorway, and found that 55 mph is very relaxing, allows to think comfortable, effectively relax rather than spend all time overtaking tw@ts who are stuck in the middle lane.

It also saves money -- serious amount in fact and if you consider 50% tax+ then equivalent salary raise needed to get that amount is actually very respectable.

Best way to get more money in overtaxed NL economy is to not spend it!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                      Best way to get more money in overtaxed NL economy is to not spend it!
                      Just you wait and see, it won't be long before that is classed as tax evasion. After all, if you don't have a car you are clearly evading road tax, tax on the car itself, fuel tax, etc. We have to be "fair" you see.

Comment

Working...
                      X