• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Winter Holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yes, very good who pinched my login for that site. Anyway I have work to do and taxes to pay to keep posters like Bookworm & My Real Name on benefits.
    We could always use some of the beer kitty to buy the site and turn it into a Pro-Clamping site(as if Clampers have a bloody forum!)

My reply will no doubt be deleted, but here it is.
    I've been a member of 'the CAG' (as it's known) since not long after it started up. Bookworm's actually a she and rather than attack the site and her perhaps you should have read through it and attempted to understand what it and she is about.

The site was started up originally to assist people in dealing with Bank charges and from there it's grown to cover a very broad spectrum of issues. The site helps people apply the law to situations they don't understand or comprehend and I would add that Bookworm is one of the most active members of that site and selfishly assists people in dealing with situations they don't understand.

Going back to your original point on that site, clamping in a private capacity has to be conducted in a manner compliant with UK law. They were attempting to advise you that the firm you referred to didn't, they weren't debating about the morality of parking on your land.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
      I've been a member of 'the CAG' (as it's known) since not long after it started up. Bookworm's actually a she and rather than attack the site and her perhaps you should have read through it and attempted to understand what it and she is about.

The site was started up originally to assist people in dealing with Bank charges and from there it's grown to cover a very broad spectrum of issues. The site helps people apply the law to situations they don't understand or comprehend and I would add that Bookworm is one of the most active members of that site and selfishly assists people in dealing with situations they don't understand.

Going back to your original point on that site, clamping in a private capacity has to be conducted in a manner compliant with UK law. They were attempting to advise you that the firm you referred to didn't, they weren't debating about the morality of parking on your land.

Comment

They don't want to debate the morality of parking wherever the hell they damn well like because they have already decided they can.

As for the idea of getting legal advice from a web forum - hilarious!

Comment

Thank you, Incognito. By printing off the above yawn-tastic and dreary toot I shall save £££s in sleeping pills should I ever wish to top myself, which may well be the case should I read your pap again. Good afternoon!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            They don't want to debate the morality of parking wherever the hell they damn well like because they have already decided they can.
            No she didn't, if you read Bookworm's posts you'll see she suggested alternative means of control, i.e. a barrier entry system.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            As for the idea of getting legal advice from a web forum - hilarious!
            Think of it more self help. To quote the site:

Total Bank Charges Returned : £16595128 to 9717 people.
            Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Thank you, Incognito. By printing off the above yawn-tastic and dreary toot I shall save £££s in sleeping pills should I ever wish to top myself, which may well be the case should I read your pap again. Good afternoon!
            Glad to help rid the world of another arsehole.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

The advice seems to be that legitimate land owners should spend large amounts of money to legally protect their land from illegal users.
              What about telling the illegal users to stop illegally using other peoples property then they would not have a problem in the first place.
              If they all gone to a legitimate parking spots and pay the couple of quid (max) there would be no need for clampers or signs or anything.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                The advice seems to be that legitimate land owners should spend large amounts of money to legally protect their land from illegal users.
                What about telling the illegal users to stop illegally using other peoples property then they would not have a problem in the first place.
                If they all gone to a legitimate parking spots and pay the couple of quid (max) there would be no need for clampers or signs or anything.
                That reasonable sounding approach doesn't seem to work with those " I know the law and its loopholes so I will continue to inconvenience others for my own benefit" twats on there.

Comment

I think MF should invest in a couple of 7 tonne trucks and when some twat parks on his land he should box em in then deny all knowledge to said twat. If said twat calls the law then MF can say the trucks have his permission but twat does not.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Incognito, you have completely lost all credibility on CUK. Not only are you defending it's rather puritanical posters, you also went on there to get templates to claim back bank charges!!!

Shame on you, a contractor should always have plenty of cash in the bank and if you did get charges you should have flung your head back, laughed and thrown the cashier a couple of fifties for your lack of bank account management.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      That reasonable sounding approach doesn't seem to work with those " I know the law and its loopholes so I will continue to inconvenience others for my own benefit" twats on there.
                      I don't disagree with you that there are freeloaders on that site, you get them everywhere. I was only supporting Bookworm who was attacked personally.

All she was trying to do was point out the legality of the situation. The company would need to prove who was the driver at the time and therefore liable, that any notices were both clearly visible and valid, that the driver impliedly accepted the contract by parking having seen and read the notices, that the charge is proportionate with any loss or reasonable cost and is not at all punitive.

She wasn't saying 'up yours, people can park anywhere'.

Comment

Working...
                      X