• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When you see a speed camera

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Indeed (18)
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Other, if it's 30, put the car in 3rd before the camera, if it's 60 or 70 put it in 4th. I never bang the brakes on for speed cameras
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

other - I jump into bed with andyw

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post

What bugs me about speed camers is when you have a road with a 40 limit and a speed camera, the number of people who slow down to 27 to go through it becuase they don't know the limit for the road.
          There are a couple of roads where I do that becuse the council changed the speed limit four times in one year! Even the SAT Nav download can't keep up.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Other, if it's 30, put the car in 3rd before the camera, if it's 60 or 70 put it in 4th. I never bang the brakes on for speed cameras
            Doesn't work too well if your car pull's a ton in third and hits the limit in fourth.... (As found out at Silverstone which was quite gutting as I had two more gears left ).

Damn Japanese and their 120MPH limits

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Doesn't work with the new cameras, only the old ones which took two pictures and hence two flashes. You also have to be traveling over 150mph (ish) for the second flash not to register.

I can't watch this here, but I think it's the one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph-qv4gYAE8
              Excellent, my Passat will do 170mph...

Milan
              "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                Doesn't work too well if your car pull's a ton in third and hits the limit in fourth.... (As found out at Silverstone which was quite gutting as I had two more gears left ).

Damn Japanese and their 120MPH limits
                I reckon you can de-restrict it for a few pennies. I had a Honda that was restricted, it cost me £120 IIRC..
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  No I'm just reponding to an illegal move - Highway Code states
                  you pair of knobs
                  You are assuming it is deliberate. Never attribute to ........... no you wouldn't get the ref anyway.

Even if the other driver is behaving like a complete nob it still does not give you the right to drive in a dangerous manner. As someone else said the highway code requires other things of you and selective reading is not a good idea.

Remove your ego from the driving seat and learn about patience and good manners.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                  X