• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal debt in UK exceeds debt of Africa and S America combined

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    gooner,

two things,

a, s type does not have class

b, anybody who uses the would class in this context does not
    have good taste

Jags in general, no thanks - the charriot of choice for pub landlords
    across the country, says it all really

Milan.
    Milan, when did you graduate from Winchester?
    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

milan,

when you talk about class - are your referring to that Essex boy BMW....

Yes old jags do tend to lend themselves to the pub landlord type, I sure you can pick up a good running "older" jag for a few grand.....so what - it still looks like a class bit of kit.......

we could carry on with this for weeks - but why don't we agree to differ - we just have different taste..........
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

we've been carrying on like this for years !

Ok granted, I am a fan of Jags no matter what anybody says
        about them, haven't really taken to the S type or X type, but always
        liked the XJ's in their different forms and the XJS and XK8.

It's unfortunate for people who buy them new, but great for the second hand market that their residuals are so poor.

n5, what is reliability like on the XJ's 2000 onwards ?

I think nobody can argue for performance over value for money, the second hand XJR is hard to beat.

Milan.

Comment

Audi, that's a car for people with substance.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            n5, what is reliability like on the XJ's 2000 onwards ?

Milan.
            Sorry could not comment - the S-type is my fist Jag had is since new for 3 years (Sep)- and touch wood its been ok apart from an issue with the Sat Nav where the computer went wrong!

In terms for value for Money - yep second had - my Jag cost me 34k its now worth 18k perhaps but I wanted a new car, I know about the depreciation....so my look out!
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

(whatever these are)

Comment

FIAT used to make a very good car but because it was good they stopped producing it after 2-3 years.

However, if I could find one of it second hand in good conditions it would be great.

I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                FIAT used to make a very good car but because it was good they stopped producing it after 2-3 years.

However, if I could find one of it second hand in good conditions it would be great.

A guy I worked with in Germany had the turbo version. Lovely. However, I can't take a car seriously that has less than 5 bolts on each wheel...
                (unless it just has one big one in the middle... )

Comment

I like Threaded's new car. Here's a snap of it being delivered...

Comment

SA says;

(whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                    X