• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do code monkeys still exist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You debugging DPs source code again?
    That stupid code monkey! I wondered why it wouldn't compile.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Is there still a role for code monkeys in the contracting industry? I mean traditional techies: people whose only skill is in programming with no understanding of business, group dynamics and politics, personal hygiene or ability to communicate with anyone let alone the opposite sex.
      Or has Bob Shawadiwadi and his ilk taken all these jobs?
      Yes they are now only found in the front orifice of investment banks coding
      vba / c++ pricing libraries, personal hygiene has improved and there is regular
      hard core comms/action with the opposite sex

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Is there still a role for code monkeys in the contracting industry? I mean traditional techies: people whose only skill is in programming with no understanding of business, group dynamics and politics, personal hygiene or ability to communicate with anyone let alone the opposite sex.
        Or has Bob Shawadiwadi and his ilk taken all these jobs?
        they still exist:
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ncentrate.html
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

http://www.newtechusa.com/ppi/main.asp

Comment

Yep, in my new contract assignment am surrounded by code monkeys, scientific Phd world known scientists / code monkeys (very senior grades employees).... my contract said I am doing systems/technical analysis and design, but after arriving here was told I would be expected to do some coding eventually... lets hope this eventually does not arrive too soon

Comment

Working...
            X