• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Insurance!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Firstly I would advise you to learn how to write in English, txtsp34k is only used by complete morons and no insurance company (or any other business for that matter) will take a moron seriously.

Secondly car insurance is hugely dependent on your postcode, type and make of car you drive, how much you drive, points on driving license and critically the age of the driver.
    No claims history is a lot less of a modifier than you would think, it's not a straight percentage off the total "cost" of the policy like it was 20 years ago, the modifier is often applicable to the basic value before other cost increasing mods are applied.

To put the mods in context if I lived approx 1 mile away from my current address which has an XX1 rather than XX3 postcode my car insurance would be almost 50% cheaper, insurance prices are based on risk profiles and no claims history is only 1 relatively minor reducing factor but obviously can be a major increasing factor if the claims history is bad.

Thanks for the insurance related 'Enlightement' and by the way i don't think just because someone uses 'U' instead of 'You' in a forum post, he/she automatically becomes a moron!!

Comment

Firstly I would advise you to learn how to write in English, txtsp34k is only used by complete morons and no insurance company (or any other business for that matter) will take a moron seriously.

....... points on driving license and critically the age of the driver.
      Licence - the irony!

Comment

I never made any claims to have perfect spelling skills, in fact as a dyslexic I have reasonable evidence that my spelling can be flaky.

I have a major problem with the txtsp34k substitutions since saving a couple of letters hardly saves the writer any time, it's sheer lazyness or idiocy (frequently both). Plus I find the U, UR, URS stuff horribly unreadable, I have to work out from the context what the substitutions are supposed to mean and it just annoys the hell out of me.

I've seen txtsp34k gibberish appearing in business documents because people get lazy on message boards and that carries over into important stuff, it's unforgivable.

Comment

I never made any claims to have perfect spelling skills, in fact as a dyslexic I have reasonable evidence that my spelling can be flaky.

I have a major problem with the txtsp34k substitutions since saving a couple of letters hardly saves the writer any time, it's sheer lazyness or idiocy (frequently both). Plus I find the U, UR, URS stuff horribly unreadable, I have to work out from the context what the substitutions are supposed to mean and it just annoys the hell out of me.

I've seen txtsp34k gibberish appearing in business documents because people get lazy on message boards and that carries over into important stuff, it's unforgivable.
          Noone 'Assumes' that people have perfect spelling skills in forum postings, unlike some of us who assume others are 'morons' just by shrinking of a few letters even if it makes sense to a larger audience

Comment

<oar>

The information conveyed by 'U' and 'You' is the same, using 'You' is less efficient.

/Mr C Shannon would be proud.

</oar>
            B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              I'd call around. The more quotes you get, the greater the chance that the drunk blindfolded chimp will actually throw the dart at the revolving dart board and get a lower score. Hey presto lower premiums!
              You are right.had made a coupls of calls to the same insurer during different times of the day and spoke to 2 different chimps and the last one gave me a renewal quote of 620!!...

So i took it, as it was more than 100 quid less than the original renewal quote from the same insurer!!..

Can't work out how it came down all of a sudden.(may be it was due to the fact i had just a day before their renewal quote expired)

Comment

Working...
              X