• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In Germany & I need 1000 euro. How?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    The 1980s called, they want their banking system back...

On a more serious note, are you sure you can't simply do a transfer using the IBAN of the receiving account? Foreign (especially within the EEC) bank transfers aren't complicated at all.
    Yeah, I can definitely do it, no problem. As long as I wait for them to send the form to me in the post, fill it in and post it back to them. Naming names, this is NatWest. How much of a surprise is that to people, eh? They don't even have outside email access, so they couldn't email me the blank form to at least get things rolling.

Yeah, I know, move banks. Will do. When I get round to it.

Comment

Actually I had a similar problem recently, my bank's the same they require a written request for any foreign transfer, and they often kick up a fuss about it. Of course, should I consider a move to a "Premier" account, it'll all get sorted for me. Just bung 'em a tenner or whatever a month and all my problems will "disapear".

Anyhoo, I borrowed the money from a family member. Should take 3or4 biz days for the transfer. Tell the leaser, show them a copy of the xfer & should be OK.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        FFS, why not just pay the commission on this bit?
        Yeah, I mean there obviously are options like that. I'm not completely stuck. I just wanted to know if anyone had any stunning options which might not be obvious. Someone else has suggested Giropay, which is common in Germany apparently, but I've never heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Yeah, I mean there obviously are options like that. I'm not completely stuck. I just wanted to know if anyone had any stunning options which might not be obvious. Someone else has suggested Giropay, which is common in Germany apparently, but I've never heard of it.
          Where's the shakes head muttering "FFS" smiley?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Perhaps a stint as 'best man' is required to loosen the tightwad up?

Comment

Just tell 'em it's your bloody money and if you want to send it to a holding company in Lagos to release your inheritance cash from the estate of the recently imprisoned king of Namibia then it's none of their business.
              B00med!

Comment

There are companies specializing in overseas money transfers, there are plenty of reputable ones.

You could of course send yourself a Western Union transfer (you can do those by CC I believe) although legitimate in itself WU is normally associated with 419 and similar scams due to the lack of audit trail.
                B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  So your grand suggestion is to just shut up and pay the commission? That's not really the issue. I just want something quick and easy and not too much of a rip-off, know what I mean? Going to the cashpoint three days in a row to take out the equivalent of 250 quid a day, plus a trip to the exchange for the balance, isn't really all that convenient, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                    So your grand suggestion is to just shut up and pay the commission? That's not really the issue. I just want something quick and easy and not too much of a rip-off, know what I mean? Going to the cashpoint three days in a row to take out the equivalent of 250 quid a day, plus a trip to the exchange for the balance, isn't really all that convenient, that's all.
                    You didn't really expect to come on here and not get some stick did you?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      You didn't really expect to come on here and not get some stick did you?
                      Not only that, completely ignored my top advice.
                      Not even a thank-you.
                      Bored.

Comment

Working...
                      X