• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

USA Just Gone Bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Don't give him ideas!
    Odd how sometimes the big things in life are easy to bear - the tiny things are upsetting!

Comment

Don't give him ideas!
      As it's Sunday, a song for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gncW1...eature=related
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I hope this will be the soundtrack under which he walks the way of Saddam Hussein.

Comment

No, what they did is nothing like NR - those 2 companies that they bailed out guarantee 50% of all US morgages - $2.5 trln, this is more than annual UK GDP (I think - can't be arsed to double check).

.. and Northern Rock was profitable with virtually no sub-prime, unlike many other banks .. it just ran out of money availability because the money markets dried up and the governnemnt believed that if it was lending NRK funds then it owned it(nice logic Gordon!!), even though the Rock was paying all interest due on those loans !!

That's like my bank saying it owns all of my house just because I have a mortgage on 25% of it that I am keeping the payments up on !!

Still, there's a court case looming in January !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            .. and Northern Rock was profitable with virtually no sub-prime, unlike many other banks ..
            Yes, quite - that's why they were offering 125% and self-cert morgages and that's why their default rates are going through the roof - nothing subprime, just normal "it's grim up north" lending practices

Comment

Yes, quite - that's why they were offering 125% and self-cert morgages and that's why their default rates are going through the roof - nothing subprime, just normal "it's grim up north" lending practices

You should self-cert.

I'll get the committal papers drawn up tomorrow

You know it makes sense
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Bradford and Bingley are still offering 125% loans !!

Comment

Gold bugs have been telling everyone all year how this event would make the dollar worthless and gold zoom up to $1200-2000 etc. but I think (with oil still dropping) they will also need a James Bond villain with a dastardly plan to achieve this now.

Here's a link for Dim Prawn
                  When Pessimism Prevails, It's Time to Get Rich

Comment

Well the markets seem to have responded well to the news. apparently it will help end the credit crunch.

BOOMED

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Well the markets seem to have responded well to the news. apparently it will help end the credit crunch.

BOOMED
                      I'll decide when the Global Credit Crunch is over, thank-you very much, when I fix it, which will be when I decide it's right for Britain.
                      If you've got a problem and no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire...Gordon Brown ...( cue music )

Comment

Working...
                      X