• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another New Lie policy mistake ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    If they did this I'll opt out.

I'm currently on the donor register and carry a card. Though I just oppose the idea of "assuming consent" for anything.
    That imo is the crux of the matter.

"Soylent Green" sandwich, anyone?

Comment

As my wife has benefited from a transplant, I for one agree with this bill. My wife was lucky in that her mum was her donor so she didn't have to get hooked up to a machine 3 times a week for 4 hours a go. There are loads of people waiting for kidney transplants and loads more operation s could be done if more kidneys became available.

I think if you know somebody who has had a transplant or who needs one then I think you will be for this bill. It's horrible to watch somebody you love suffering and slowly getting worse, knowing that people are dying in hospitals with organs that might be compatible and could prevent this. I realise that people are against the state ownership of your organs, but I don't buy into the whole thing about doctors giving up on a patient simply because they can harvest their organs. It costs loads to do a transplant and the after care is extensive also. In many cases it would be easier and cheaper to let the person needing the transplant pop their clogs on the waiting list and fix up the probable donor.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        Totally agree - I've carried a donor card for 20+ years and I'm on the register, but if they do this I'll opt out. I am not the property of the state.
        You'll go the extra mile to help save somebody else's life in the event of your death, but if you don't have to do anything extra you expect them to die?

Or are you only in it so you can show off your donor card? The phrase "He does a lot of work for charity; doesn't like to talk about it" springs to mind.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X