• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
    Classic.
    Political Correctness Gone Mad.
    Curious that while elsewhere on this forum, someone who obviously does care about Ramadan is musing thoughfully about whether to observe the practice fully, on Tower Hamlets council that option will not be offered even to those who care nothing for it.

I think that is what I detest most about the monotheistic religions: the way their believers love exercising compulsion on others.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      Radio 4 friday afternoon... basically the whole fiasco was simply the council asking for non-muslim councilors to be sensative to the fact that their muslim colleagues might be flipin starvin, especially during late meetings.

The council also recommended that the number of snacks available in each meeting be reduced by the number of muslim attendees during the period of ramadam.

Whole thing was badly worded and badly reported
      It's Baa baa green sheep, all over again.

Comment

when you surrender and marginalise Christianity don't be surprised if other religions fill up the vaccum that has been created

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
          Bloody Muslims.....
          it's not their fault mate

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
            Well said. Also from the article:

It should come as no surprise that it is not the borough's Muslim councillors who are demanding that their non-Muslim colleagues obey Islam. As almost always, it is a caricature liberal-left non-Muslim idiot who thinks he is being racially aware who does the real harm to race relations. Respect for religious practice can only be given voluntarily. Mr Williams's prescription leads only to anger.

Comment

Are the councillors allowed to eat hot bacon rolls at their desk in the morning if they have a hangover?
              Cats are evil.

Comment

I think they should all wear "Life of Brian" stick-on beards to fit in. Especially the women.

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
                  Is it not? Islam is the most hypocritical faith...
                  "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

I was chatting about this with a Muslim chap in my team (me with sausage/egg muffin and him egg muffin - well after sunrise )

His view is it's a choice on behalf of the individual, and seeing others eating in front of him could be viewed as an added challenge to his willpower and as such could be welcomed if he overcame it.

Going to be some empty meeting rooms over the next month then in East London.
                    Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      I think they should all wear "Life of Brian" stick-on beards to fit in. Especially the women.
                      Be careful how you comment on the quality of halibut you have for your supper.
                      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                      X