• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is $10K US much?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
    Nothing gets past you !
    Have you seen me play 5 a side?
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      To answer the question. NO!

Don't accept anything less than double that.
      I really agree... I don't actually even like the UAE much. Pop an aspirin and you're doing 20 to 10 in the pen. Screw that. Even carnal knowledge of the lady on a beach has become a little taboo...
      Last edited by scooterscot; 29 August 2008, 12:13.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If the gig is just $10k a month probably not worth it that's only roughly £60 k in a year.
        If it's $10k plus accomodation, transport in country, flights, expenses etc and the duration is 1 year+ then that's a different matter.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          If it's $10k plus accomodation, transport in country, flights, expenses etc and the duration is 1 year+ then that's a different matter.
          Yes it was the full package - no other expenses involved.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Which particular Emirate?
            Bored.

Comment

No way I would even consider it then. Tax free is only of interest if it would noticably exceed my after tax income in the UK with all of the disruption involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                Which particular Emirate?
                aubi dabi

Comment

abu dhabi
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

aubi dabi
                    Then I think for $10k p/m my decider would be "do I fancy an extended break somewhere a bit exotic or not?"
                    Might also be worth considering implementing the following plan depending on your age:
                    1. Go UAE. Work, save money (don't blow it in Bahrain every w/end)
                    2. Buy apartment in tax free emirate that grants residence visa (I know Dubai does).
                    3. Register company in said Emirate.
                    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                      abu dhabi
                      See more energy than me...

Comment

Working...
                      X