• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices 10.5% cheaper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    Surely your house will sell at a "loss", thus negating the reduction in the house you buy?
    Uh 10% of £400k is £40k, 10% of £250k is £25k... c'mon it’s not that hard to work out shirley??

The higher up the ladder the bigger the discounts so you’re probably looking at 15% or maybe 20% off, as I said
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I'll tell you No. 1 what's not to like.

You buy a house at the peak (say £500K) on a 100% mortgage.

"Who cares, if it drops to say £300K" you say.

Your mortgage is coming to an end or is charging 2% more than the best deals. You really have to get a new mortgage.

You seek to remortgage and the new mortgage company asks for a valuation. It comes out at £300K in current market.

The new mortgage is 75% loan to value max.

This means you owe £500K and the most a lender will lend you is £225K. You need to find £275K cash to pay the lender.

HTH
      That'll teach people not to be rate tarts in the future won't it.

Did these people not learn "there no such thing as a free lunch"

tim

Comment

Working...
      X