• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Millipede, Sarko, Merkel - Shut it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TinTin View Post
    Can't take this Mr Bean look-alike seriously, lately posturing in Ukraine. Are we trying to fan the flames of a new war? What is he doing there - apart from furthering his own political career, until he realises what a political dwarf he is - is it encouraging Ukraine to do what Georgia has done? Or creating a diversion for the failure of his Gov't ?
    How dare you have a go at David Miliband!!
    Remember that treaty of Lisbon we signed?

Article 24. 3. states " The Member States shall support the Union's external and security policy actively and unreservedly in a spirit of loyalty and mutual solidarity and shall comply with the Union's action in this area".
    David Miliband is just following instructions from his colleagues in Brussels, its not his fault !

mad

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      South Ossetia were rocketing Georgia for weeks with Russian help before Georgia naively retaliated.
      Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Were they? Any reasonably unbiased and authoritative links to back that up?
      Do you have any links re the above? Would be interesting.
      Erm. Thanks for that. Do you have any other links? News agencies, for example? Not sure about the authority of this blog. Quoting your own posts isn't really proof of anything.

Honestly, I would be interested to see evidence of S Ossetia firing rockets at Georgia for weeks prior to their military action, and would appreciate links that support this.
      I understand you're busy - I'm not going to take posts by random people on a random Georgian blog as a relatively unbiased source. I'm looking for news reports, AP, newswires, Beeb, FT, that kind of thing. Did a quick search myself but nothing that backs up what you're saying.

It would be interesting if you're right. It's up to you to support your claims with objective sources.
      Whenever you have the time, CyberMan.
      Erm.

Anytime you like. Anyone else?

<tumbleweed>

Comment

Erm.

Anytime you like. Anyone else?

<tumbleweed>

Unless you or I were actually there we have no proof, and if you do not know that the witnesses are actually genuine, you and I may be wrong to believe them.
        I just have more faith in witnesses of a democratic state than those of a totalitarian state that has a track record of political shenanigans.

The fact that the EU are now considering sanctions seems to bear testimony to Russia being somewhat culpable, and as we have seen throughout history Russia has a habit of exerting force on any neighbours wishing to follow routes of independence (eg: Chechnya, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Ukraine and now it appears sadly, Georgia).

The further fact that Russia is reluctant to leave Georgia and also blew up oil pipelines nowhere near the dispute gives further credence to my belief that the whole event was orchestrated by the Russians.

Comment

Working...
        X