• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are all your mates the same age as you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only friends are here on CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
      I have no friends and I hate everyone, apart from Mrs. Dalek and the charming hedgehog that lives under our shed.

Hmm, well 'spiky' was down the pub the other day talking sh*t about you, sorry

Comment

I have no friends.
        CUK is my social life

Comment

I've often made older friends over the years, but usually types that were going to concerts in the 60s and 70s and are still into music, so they've got plenty of interest (to me) to talk about. There's plenty of people my own age that bore me stupid and are so straight it's scary. Some of them 60-year-olds are way more entertaining.

Only had a couple of friends younger than me, but they were good friends. One of them went and died, way before his time. Genuine good guy.

Still get on best with my own age group though, as a rule.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            My only friends are here on CUK.

Then you have no friends
            Last edited by Diver; 19 August 2008, 12:16. Reason: Boredom
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Nearly all of my mates are older than me. Minimum 3 years older, maximum 25 years older! Average around 7-9 ish years older.

I'm 25; mates ages range from 28 to 50, average of 32-34.

I reckon its just me (this is going to sound really pompous but its doesnt meant to be), I seem to get on better with older people and I think being a contractor has made that worse. Last contract was telling client where they should sink around £200 million into a warehouse (location, size, layout etc). If I flip it up there is no-one checking my work - lots of responsibility - but thats what I get paid for.

Makes it hard for me to relate to people who are not like that and don't have the same hanging over them. The differences between me screwing the figures is my indemnity insurance getting hit hard - most 25 years olds is that the manager has a bit of a winge and they work and hour overtime to fix it.

I do have a lot of mates around 25, 26 mostly who I've lived with over the years uni mates etc but as I see them once every couple of months as they live in other parts of the UK, its not the same as mates I can go down the pub with nightly.

Comment

Some of my friends are 1005 year older than me, some are 995 years older. It was a lot closer before the Normans chased me into that pond

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  Hmm, well 'spiky' was down the pub the other day talking sh*t about you, sorry
                  The bastard! Slug pellets for his dinner, tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                    The bastard! Slug pellets for his dinner, tonight.
                    At least that'll stop the spikey bastard nicking my Pedigree Chum!

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
                      Some of them 60-year-olds are way more entertaining.
                      [Warning : Massive generalisation follows.] People get more and more boring as they get older until they reach a certain point in life when they suddenly stop giving a sh1te what other people think, at which point they become fun again.

With parents, it tends to be once the kids are old enough to look after themselves and they can stop worrying (so much) and start being themselves again.... and promptly start acting like kids themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X