• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Labaour - What have they actually improved in 10+ yrs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain is now the number 1 surveillance state in all Oceania.

"It is commonly estimated that the average Briton crosses the line of sight of a security camera 300 times each day."

And we also have a fantastic DNA database.
    Bored.

Comment

Britain is also a world leader in weapons of mass destruction and other deadly exports.

Boomed!

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Britain is now the number 1 surveillance state in all Oceania.

"It is commonly estimated that the average Briton crosses the line of sight of a security camera 300 times each day."
        300 times a day is a bit worrying as I haven’t been out the flat since Thursday! I’ve got to go out tomorrow; I’m out of tinfoil.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          300 times a day is a bit worrying as I haven’t been out the flat since Thursday! I’ve got to go out tomorrow; I’m out of tinfoil.
          try putting ten pence pieces on a railway line, it goes very thin , then you wont have to go out to buy tinfoil

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Where is the 'improved absolutely nothing' option ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cybertory View Post
              Where is the 'improved absolutely nothing' option ?
              Alongside the "I would vote for a monkey if it wore a blue rosette" option

Comment

Standards of living has improved and people are better off. (sic)

Or at least I am.

When Labour got in in 1997 I was a permie working out in the sticks earning £9000 a year and living in a bedsit.

Now I am a contractor working in the City and minted.

Well done nu Liebour

EDIT: On balance that might be in spite of New Labour and not because of them.
                Last edited by Gonzo; 12 August 2008, 21:41.

Comment

That's odd. In 1997 I was a contractor working in the City and minted......
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Nu Labour continues brave fight to consolidate Britain's position as number 1 surveillance state in all World:

Councils get power to ‘spy’ on your e-mail and net use
                    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4518226.ece
                    Councils and health authorities are to be given the right to access e-mail and internet records under surveillance powers to be introduced next year, the Home Office said yesterday.

I liked this bit:

But yesterday the Home Office admitted that data would be held for much wider purposes than tackling terrorism and serious crime – and hundreds more organisations would be able to access it.

The emergency services, the Serious Organised Crime Agency, every local council, health authorities, the Post Office, Home Office, Ministry of Defence, Health and Safety Executive, Food Standards Agency and Post Office will have access to the information.

Food Standards Agency ,ffs

I guess this is what they meant by listening & learning,
                    Bored.

Comment

Working...
                    X