• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noisy neighbour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Line the walls with insulation board, pull down the ceiling, Insulate between the joists and reboard.

Or move.

Or stop whinining about it and go kill the neighbour

HTH
    Well one of my other considerations was to employ some intermediary mediators or "intimidators" as I like to call them.

I do know some rather mean looking Scousers that would gladly come round and explain the situation in frank (Bruno) terms to them.

Comment

Originally posted by HermanDune View Post
      Well one of my other considerations was to employ some intermediary mediators or "intimidators" as I like to call them.

I do know some rather mean looking Scousers that would gladly come round and explain the situation in frank (Bruno) terms to them.
      Scousers? Mean looking?

You don't move in the right circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Scousers? Mean looking?

You don't move in the right circles.
        It's amazing the contacts you make contracting in St Helens for the NHS!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          My neighbour snores through paper thin walls.

I am dealing with it by moving to a detached house.

Either move, or, get a woman, hump like mad and get revenge....

HTH
          I suppose, as you had no chance of getting a woman, your only choice was to move.

Comment

It's amazing the contacts you make contracting in St Helens for the NHS!
            Go and have a w4nk, you'll feel better about yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Go and have a w4nk, you'll feel better about yourself.
              ah yes. sex with someone you love.

Comment

yawn.

another blowhard.
                If you were going to do it , you would have done it by now

yawn.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

The guy's just going about his business, albeit at unsociable hours. Best thing to do would be to have a word with him, in a non-confrontational manner, a chat in other words. Explain about the fact you can hear his every move and then see if he takes it into account. Failing that, kill him and all his family.

Environmental health won't want to know as it's not a council property, unless he's blasting out Cher at all hours of the day and night, and we all know what that gets you, don't we!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    yawn.

another blowhard.
                    If you were going to do it , you would have done it by now

yawn.

Surely the real hard nuts create an internet trail to lead the police straight to their door?

Comment

I live in an old house subdivided into with poor sound insulation.

The chap upstairs from me (aka Bigfoot) has recently taken to rising at 5:30am to get ready for work. I am awoken when he jumps out of bed and starts walking around the creaky floorboards. He pads around for ages making more noise, and then runs down the stairs which back onto my bedroom.

I can then not get back to sleep.

Do you think such a complaint is one that could be dealt with by my council's environmental health department? Or should I learn to live with it and deprive myself of sleep. It is quite detrimental to my current role where I am trying to learn new skills, as I am exhausted by 2:30pm.

I don't wish to move as I am five minutes walk from the city centre and 30 seconds walk to the park. It's a nice house with some interesting historical connections.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thum...ham_towers.jpg
                      Soundproofing's fairly cheap - Google for NoiseStop, or similar.

Comment

Working...
                      X