• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stockholm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once stayed in the YMCA in Stockholm. In the mixed dorm. PHWOAR!

Comment

You're getting about a bit, chef. Conscious choice or just the way the contracts are falling?
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
        You're getting about a bit, chef
        Jealous?

Comment

haha,

your right i am getting about a bit, singapore was great, loved it, but the contract was straight forward systems design, they have and always intended to use experts for the design phase and locals (i.e cheaper bods) for the implementation/rollout phase. Always knew it'd be 3 months and no longer so no it's not because I was crap..

As for Sweden, it seems that europe (mainly stockholm, copenhagen, berlin, munich) is where all the work is right now, the uk has a little bit of an echo about it on the job front.

thanks for the advice all
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Jealous?
            Nope.

For the past couple of years I have only sought London contracts. I like being at home. A lot.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

http://www.bostaddirekt.com/Private/Default.aspx

You can get some apartment listings for free but then you have to pay a fee.

One of my cow orkers has spent the last 4 weeks trying to get something.

As one of the earlier posters pointed out this is about the worst time to rent with all the students returning and there is not much in the way of cheap hotels here.

Apart from that - it is a great place to live and you will find the work environment a little less intense than London.
              "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

I stayed here: http://www.grandhotel.se/in%5Fenglish/
                for one night several years ago. Special offer only £100 - you get heated bathroom floor and even a grandfather clock in your room (minus workings)

Comment

Working...
                X