• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barry George

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think guilt should be a scale between 0 and 10. 6+ is guilty - 10 gets the death penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
      In that case I blame NL.

They were concentrating on their statistics, not solving the crime.
      More a case of NL creating a culture amongst the police, and other public sector workers, where they believe they are above the law. Examples of this are fitting up local nutters with previous form, pumping dumb-dumb bullets into Latin-American sparks that are victims of mistaken identity because someone was having a piss when should be working, hospitals that they can’t be arsed to clean, loosing the personal details of millions leaving them at risk, and many, many other examples. Nobody ever takes responsibility for any of these things.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I remember thinking I must have heard it wrong because she seemed like the last person you'd expect anyone to have a reason to kill.
        Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but... I was in an electrical shop in Fulham the week before Jill Dando was killed, browsing for a new light fitting for the bedroom. She waltzed in, jumped the queue and then was extremely rude to the owner. She had a real "don't you know who I am?" attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
          Not wishing to speak ill of the dead, but... I was in an electrical shop in Fulham the week before Jill Dando was killed, browsing for a new light fitting for the bedroom. She waltzed in, jumped the queue and then was extremely rude to the owner. She had a real "don't you know who I am?" attitude.

And were you very upset sir?

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post

And were you very upset sir?

Not me, guv, I was just browsing the lights and wasn't even in the queue. The owner had a right rant after she'd left though. I'd start there if I were you, officer.

Comment

Originally posted by Malingering BA View Post
              Not me, guv, I was just browsing the lights and wasn't even in the queue. The owner had a right rant after she'd left though. I'd start there if I were you, officer.
              Sounds to me like she wasn't quite the 'sweetness and light' that the BBC made her out to be then. I saw Barry Bulsara's / George Barry's solicitor talk to the press after the latest verdict and the BBC journalist asking questions almost had venom in her voice as she screeched at him.

I dunno really given her attitude in the light fitting shop, with that 'me first attitude' and being in the public eye it wasn't a great combination so it seems.

I mean it could have been a blooming hitman for gods sake; what I don't understand is even back in 1998 when the shooting occured they had CCTV around, didn't they get anything on camera around the Fulham area of London ?

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                Sounds to me like she wasn't quite the 'sweetness and light' that the BBC made her out to be then.
                Well, on that occasion she was a complete cow. Maybe she'd had a bad day at the office but given that she actually said "do you know who I am?" to the shop owner when he asked her to wait her turn I'm not so sure.

Comment

Everyone knows it was Nick Ross.... allegedly... or was it Freddie Mercury (who is, of course, not really dead) who'd got the hump at having his real surname purloined by Barry the Nutter, and so fitted him up? Sadly, we'll never know.
                  Last edited by Bob Dalek; 2 August 2008, 20:36.

Comment

Barry George claims that it couldn't have been him that killed Jill Dando, Because he was out stalking another woman at the time she was killed.

WTF
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/a...oman-time.html

"Miss Dando’s former agent Jon Roseman said he had never believed Barry George was her killer and that the murder was possibly carried out by a Serbian hitman.

The theory – rejected by murder squad detectives – is that three days before Miss Dando died, British and US warplanes bombed the Radio-Television Serbia building in Belgrade, killing 16 employees. Earlier in April 1999, Miss Dando had made a BBC appeal on behalf of Kosovan Albanian refugees.

Mr Roseman said last night that he was still not ruling out the possibility that Miss Dando’s murder was a revenge killing, adding: ‘This theory does seem to fit.’

Respected ballistics expert Mike Yardley said yesterday that the casing of the 9mm bullet used to kill Miss Dando with a shot to the head from a handgun at point-blank range had ‘punching’.

This indicated it had been separated and refilled with a reduced amount of gunpowder to dampen noise when it was fired.

Mr Yardley added: ‘The expertise to reseal the cartridge with the case punched in this way indicates it was done by somebody with a degree of firearms expertise, which it seems Mr George did not possess.

‘My view is that this was a professional hit carried out with experience, determination and timing.’"
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X