• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Menace of the violent girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Current GF has done some Karate so I'm watching her like a f**kin' hawk!

Sounds a bit like the Mel Gibson / Rene Russo relationship in Lethal Weapon III. Do you compare fight scars?

Comment

I was subject to a minor assault by teenage girls (this was ages ago before happy slapping)

I was sat on a bench in the street, one girl came up to me and said "excuse me" very politely, whlist her mate (who I hadn't seen) approached from behind and smacked the back of my head.

I was very surprised. When I stood up and started chasing after them they were a bit surprised (I am 6" 5") - when I caught up to them, sanity prevailed and I thought "what am I really going to do ?" (although I did want to batter the one who smacked me) so I just walked away.

Last time I was confronted by a drunken aggressive woman she was so wasted she could hardly stand so I just ignored her.

Comment

I doubt even a highly trained female marshal artist would stand much chance against even an average man.

I went to a few lessons of ju Jijsu (forget the actual name) and there was a female that had been going for ages and one day she asks if I am pretending to be in a caught/prone position and if so to stop it, so I just bench press her up on one arm without even needing to free the supposed locked other arm. It was of course and had to be all a charade with her, I can bench press 300 hundred pounds and her little 8 stone frame was like nothing.

Comment

[QUOTE=TimberWolf;596946]I doubt even a highly trained female marshal artist would stand much chance against even an average man.
          QUOTE]

Depends on the martial art concerned. Jujitsu and judo and derivatives are about strength and balance, and this makes it harder if you are outweighed by someone who knows you are trying to overbalance them. Other martial arts, such as karate, are about pressure points and blows to them, and these could be used to beat a larger opponent quite easily.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

[QUOTE=TheBigYinJames;596949]
            Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I doubt even a highly trained female marshal artist would stand much chance against even an average man.
            QUOTE]

Depends on the martial art concerned. Jujitsu and judo and derivatives are about strength and balance, and this makes it harder if you are outweighed by someone who knows you are trying to overbalance them. Other martial arts, such as karate, are about pressure points and blows to them, and these could be used to beat a larger opponent quite easily.
            The difference between men and women is too great IMO. A good strong little man can overcome a big man (I've seen this in Thai boxing), but I can't see a woman having any chance against a man.

Comment

[QUOTE=TheBigYinJames;596949]
              QUOTE]

Agreed. I am by no means an expert but I watch a lot of telly.
              I watch Fight Club on sky where they show the K1 fights. This covers a range of marshal artists (all beginning with K) up against each other. Some of the open weight bouts look suicidal for the small guys, but they do win occasionaly.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

The difference between men and women is too great IMO. A good strong little man can overcome a big man (I've seen this in Thai boxing), but I can't see a woman having any chance against a man.
                yes, but in a brawl where the 'rules' aren't used, a woman who is skilled in karate could deliver a deft front kick to the goolies before then man even knew he was in a fight.
                Still Invoicing

Comment

You're assuming all men are bigger than women. I know plenty of men who are smaller than a couple of women rugby players I know...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    You're assuming all men are bigger than women. I know plenty of men who are smaller than a couple of women rugby players I know...
                    That was Timberwolf who said that not me

I know some women from my EKKA club who could kick the crapola out of a lot of men twice their size.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                      That was Timberwolf who said that not me

I know some women from my EKKA club who could kick the crapola out of a lot of men twice their size.
                      Yes, I noticed that and fixed it.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X